• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Most recent project 3L Hybrid

Konis are notorious for paint that doesn't hold up worth crap. It's almost like you look at them funny and they start to rust... Fortunately I haven't looked at mine the wrong way yet :D

Just an update... The Konis, striker links are on... the heads have arrived and are installed, new clutch is on, i have my poly filled mounts and custom cams are done, front cover and valve cover gaskets and aDMD harmonic balencer...

229253_10150581148830165_720930164_18569811_1882834_n.jpg

230472_10150581144090165_720930164_18569750_5841046_n.jpg

I might in my Cougar. I want to do it just to clean it all up. I had a supercharger oil line blow off on my car a year or two back. I went to braided lines after that... : / While the rust protection in the engine bay from that oil is really nice I'd still like to clean it up. lol

well my whole underneath is oil coated thanks to it letting go earlier this year. The new bottom end has 8k on and i maybe have 300miles on the heads and cams. Malcolm it runs and sounds nasty. Just have open headers but my exhaust guy is looking at it tonight.
After the exhaust shes going to get dyno tuned

well my whole underneath is oil coated thanks to it letting go earlier this year. The new bottom end has 8k on and i maybe have 300miles on the heads and cams. Malcolm it runs and sounds nasty. Just have open headers but my exhaust guy is looking at it tonight.
After the exhaust shes going to get dyno tuned

Let me know when you get it tuned, I'd like to tag along

well a quick update the car has a full exahsut now just not too thrilled with how it sounds. Car runs good you can tell it is camed and it has a lof more top end and pulls really hard to redline. Have to install my oil pressure gauge and coolant temp gauge then she will be at the tuners.

Back