• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

morette

I'm not throwing in the towel.... I have high hopes of these becoming available around the time CEG changes to yet another forum :laugh:

for 1000 bucks your WAY better off going for a Projector retrofit like Goonz did.

I'm going to do that whenever I can afford, even though by the time I'll get them they'll be cheaper. I'll take that Projector retrofit over morettes anytime.

Goonz, great job on that car of yours.

Cheers.

I'm going to do that whenever I can afford, even though by the time I'll get them they'll be cheaper. I'll take that Projector retrofit over morettes anytime.

Goonz, great job on that car of yours.

Cheers.

Hey thanks! I appreciate it :)

Just out of curiosity, I sent Patrick an email a few days ago.

I can't believe that I'm still hanging on to what little hope there is left for these lights.

Greetings Russell,

DOT and FVMSS................ We are still trying to work something out for you all. We have the tooling done, we just need to find some optics that will comply with the regulations. If I was to give you a %... It would be 50/50 that it may make it to market.

With all that said, we would really like to have a set of lights for your group. If we can do it, we will.

Best Regards

Patrick.

webhosting-userformATmoretteusa.com wrote:
Subject = Contour Headlights

That, or just the housings w/o any lights. Many people here on CEG could use them to put some sweet HL's out for.... "off-road" use only ;)

1000!?!??!

FG-nose_milk.jpg

when I talked to them at Sema they asked me what price point would work for CEG and how many units do I think they could move.

They then proceeded to tell me that they were hoping to move 1000 units at the initial release.

There is no way that many units would move even at a 400 price range (which we all know these would never be if released for purchase.)

its sad but even if they sold them on Ebay later there is no way 1000 units would be a reality or am I underestimating the 98+ Contour Community?

its sad but even if they sold them on Ebay later there is no way 1000 units would be a reality or am I underestimating the 98+ Contour Community?

No i don't think you're under estimating. Are there 1000 active members on this forum, and even if there are last I checked not everyone liked the morettes :shrug:. I hope they come up with a more realistic goal. :nonono:

Maybe over (a long) time, but probably not at their expected price point. I got crap for it at the fitment meet when the guys from Morette were here, but I mentioned how the cars had been out of production for several years. Patrick asked if the demand would be there, and we all said yes. I meant it back then, but with each passing year of not having these on the market they are losing potential sales. Now, I don't know how I'd answer the same question.

I think its a lost cause hoping for these. I dont see them making headlights for a 10 year old car and all this bs on DOT legality is just stupid. They should just tell us up-front that its not happening so all the hopes can RIP :shrug:

Last edited:
I'm assuming that all their R&D and tooling cost them time and money...

they finally have it tooled where they fit properly but obviously they want to recoop their time, effort and money

A few of us made it very known that we wanted a set and would probably pay whatever they charged - I know they genuinely would bring us the product if they could cross the legal issues...

I just dont think they know how stingy CEG can be... Morettes are easily 600 for basically any platform out there I assume --

There might be 50-100 of us who would buy the lights if they came out tops probably

I'd still buy a set as the Prototypes I bought from Mikey are ok, but they dont fit properly and they are not as sturdy or crafted as the parts would be later.. They definately look and feel like the prototypes they are, especially all the connections and whatnot.

Back