• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Monster 3L Dyno

SVT SNOB

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I finally got to dyno my 3L SVT. Mods are 03 Escape 3L, Weapon R Headers and Y-Pipe, SVT Cam, 3L UIM/LIM, 42lb Injectors, stock intake with K&N Filter, CTA Exhaust.

My Black 17's were put on the car as the 19's wont be going back on until the weather gets better. Once I get the 04 UIM and NPG CAI in 2 weeks or so I will be going back to the dyno to see my gains.

Numbers were:
212.41hp and 196.45tq
215.40hp and 199.42tq
216.70hp and 198.39tq
*Note this is my base tune and more tuning will be done eventually*
This motor was built and tuned by Nima (96BlackSE)

Aaron

Dyno.jpg

Last edited:
Great numbers Aaron, good to see my old car in good hands, now you gotta come down to Ottawa for our insane cruises and friday nights.

From today on, I will refer to split ports as Split Turds...

damn Aaron!!!

Those are probably right around the highest hp nmbers put down. Espeically since its pretty much a stock 3L.
Get some head work done and 230's won't be a problem to obtain.

Also your car sounds bad ass!!!! Whose the goofy guy in the end of the video.:)

Last edited:
The stock intake is less restrictive than everyone seems to think it is. Plus, with that you don't have the heatsoak you see with most short ram setups.

Nice numbers btw!

I never said the stock set up was restrictive. You can get more air flow with a good after market set-up and avoid heatsoak issues with a good heat shield.

Back on topic, nice numbers.

very nice Aaron what intake did you use UIM? If you used the taurus 2001-2003 then the Cams really do make a huge difference I would love to see you install the Escape bigger intake and clean up the A/F some you are to rich I can easily see the car hitting 230whp. You had headers to right with a good catback?

Now the SVT cams will really get expensive............lol

until I get the Mazda6 heads and cams in the next test which has the ST220 exhaust cams and more overlap we will be seeing some big numbers soon for NA good job.

you really have 42 lb injectors for just over 200 whp?!? do you mean 24 lb injectors??

Nope I really mean 42lb injectors! Those who know me know that I go overkill on stuff :D. I also have a NPG Turbo kit and Venom VCN2000 and don't know which one I want to keep lol.I got the injectors for a $100 and figured why not buy them.

very nice Aaron what intake did you use UIM? If you used the taurus 2001-2003 then the Cams really do make a huge difference I would love to see you install the Escape bigger intake and clean up the A/F some you are to rich I can easily see the car hitting 230whp. You had headers to right with a good catback?

Now the SVT cams will really get expensive............lol

until I get the Mazda6 heads and cams in the next test which has the ST220 exhaust cams and more overlap we will be seeing some big numbers soon for NA good job.

Joey I used the stock 01-03 UIM with SVT Cams along with headers, catback, stock intake. My next step is to Install the bigger UIM and your CAI and put it back on the same dyno (hope to have it done and on the dyno by mid April). If all goes well I want to buy an ST220 UIM this summer and see what that does.

Aaron

Nope I really mean 42lb injectors! Those who know me know that I go overkill on stuff :D. I also have a NPG Turbo kit and Venom VCN2000 and don't know which one I want to keep lol.I got the injectors for a $100 and figured why not buy them....

Aaron

Yeah, I'd say thats overkill alright!
I had 30lb/hr in the mustang and they couldnt keep up with 410 hp, so with 42 i think you'll be covered with that turbo kit in there

30*8 = 240
42*6 = 252

So they're basically equivalent if you're talking horsepower per amount of fuel. Although the duratec seems to use fuel pretty efficiently.

Damn I never thought I would see numbers that high from a basic 3l, nice work man. And hey use the turbo kit not the spray dude.

Back