• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeo ST220

Mondeo V6

New CEG'er
220polished%20(1).JPG

220polished%20(3).JPG

220polished%20(4).JPG

220polished%20(5).JPG

220%20(3).JPG

220%20(5).JPG

220%20(9).JPG

220polished%20(7).JPG

Goes as well it looks and as well it is built, well done Ford.

:)

It's a 6-speed!!??

What year is it?

Is it still the 2.5 Duratec that we have here in the states? If so, how do I get my mits on one of those transmissions?

It's a 6-speed!!??

What year is it?

Is it still the 2.5 Duratec that we have here in the states? If so, how do I get my mits on one of those transmissions?

It's a 2007 car-brand spanking new :) The engine is a 3L Duratec V6-specific to the ST220 i'm afraid. Develops around 240BHP in standard form(Ford rate it at 226PS(220BHP) but even their test data showed over 240PS!!)

It's a 2007 car-brand spanking new :) The engine is a 3L Duratec V6-specific to the ST220 i'm afraid. Develops around 240BHP in standard form(Ford rate it at 226PS(220BHP) but even their test data showed over 240PS!!)

How specific are we talkin? 3L swaps are dime-a-dozen for these things.

I challenge any worthy CEG'ers to figure out how to make this happen, as it would be wee bit over my head.:shrug:

Be it the ST220 tranny matched to a US-spec 3L, or a complete engine-drivetrain change out... followed shortly by a How-to, of course. :laugh:

I heard the newly designed mondeo isnt going to have like a "hot version" no more big engine model, which makes me really sad because its like... Aston Martin pretty, but there is no aston martin fast :(

I heard the newly designed mondeo isnt going to have like a "hot version" no more big engine model, which makes me really sad because its like... Aston Martin pretty, but there is no aston martin fast :(

Ford are publicly saying "No" at the the moment but behind closed doors they have said 18 months away.

How specific are we talkin? 3L swaps are dime-a-dozen for these things.

I challenge any worthy CEG'ers to figure out how to make this happen, as it would be wee bit over my head.:shrug:

Be it the ST220 tranny matched to a US-spec 3L, or a complete engine-drivetrain change out... followed shortly by a How-to, of course. :laugh:

Over here it's only in the ST220. According to tech data it is based on the standard 3L Duratec. Changes include :-

revised cam shafts
improved air flow from revised intake
modified fuel system with higher operating pressure
revised ECU calibration
modified exhaust sytem

Looks awesome, I wish we could get those over here in the states. We always get screwed out of cool cars you Europeans get. :mad:

Looks awesome, I wish we could get those over here in the states. We always get screwed out of cool cars you Europeans get. :mad:

But would you pay the $$?? When i posted this on another US forum they said they wouldn't pay more than $25K-the 220 lists at £28K ($56K) in the spec i have it in!! I paid £21K ($42K).

Aren't these the same treatment CSVT received over the SE?

yup, more or less, but its different stuff on the ST220. The cams are a little more aggressive than the SVT, but not a ton. The intake manifold is much better though, though the later plastic manifolds on the escape aren't too far off the ST220 in terms of flow.

There are 3 CEG'ers that I know of with ST220 intake manifolds on cars; on is Nima (black96se I think), one more that I don't know if they want known yet (on a turbo car no less) and myself, who can't manage to get his car bolted together and back on the road, lol.

Back