• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Modified my Festiva's tails :)

I don't know what the KL swap is or if it has ever been done.....but i do know that a duratec swap has never been done, i will be the first. It'll be a complete Contour SVT drivetrain and suspension on a custom built chassis in the Festiva.

Since the big picture for PRT will be custom suspension and chassis design and fab, this will be a decent calling card till my big project is done.

~Josh

kldl is the 2.5 v6 mazda motor, from the probe/mx6/millenia/626, the smalelr version k8 1.8v6 in the mx3, and the higher output version klze. I did the klde swap in my protege. There is one on 323performance It has alot of useful information about what needs to be done for the swap. There are i think 2 Kl festivas.

Really? Wow, that's strange, is that becuase it was originally meant to have the orange in it? I'm curious to learn how it's illegal to modify it so it's all red when some cars (like the contour) don't have anything but red. Inform me please War, I'm intrigued (and not in all the papers I have to write either).

Fine 'cept that it's illegal. :help:

WI DOT Section 347.15 (2)

"....Such lamps shall project a flashing white or amber light visable to the front and a flashing red or amber light visable to the rear."

"....No direction signal lamp shall have any decorative covering that restricts the amount of light emitted when the directional signal lamp is in use."

The color is leagal and there is no effect on light output, same as my tinted tails,on the SVT.

Am I missing something?

Fun fact: In section 347.15(3) they use the word "signal" 5 times in one sentence.

Last edited:
Back