• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MODDED 2000 SF SVT !ENGINE FIRE! at auction facility....

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Well,
I have been chasing after this car for over a month now. It is out of my hands and will be for auction soon to dealers only.
This car sold recently here on CEG to SVTnKC (california). He purchased the car from RobSVT-t (florida). This car has everything. 3.0 L turbo, stg. 2 axles, built trans, TCE wilwood front and rear brake kits, 17" OZ wheels, headers, exhaust, gauges, konis, etc, etc, etc..

Because I can't get it, I want someone here to have the chance. I have all the info you need to get the car, just I have no one to use their "dealer" license to help me out with this.

I have a couple cell phone pics of the car just after the fire, and nothing more. I will post those up soon. I have worked up a total for what it would cost to get the car via someone with a "dealer" license.

$500 or less to buy car from auction
$900+ to ship to wisconsin from california
$400 ish for dealer fees

Roughly $2k if everything went smooth. If someone can buy this car, contact me for more info.

Last edited:
Yes, the turbo leaked oil onto some wiring. The car was parked, and POOF! It went up. It is really not that bad and the car could be fixed, but I would part it out. I will post pix in about 2 hrs.

The owner just got sent off to Iraq yesterday and the car is no longer available to him.

How is it unavalible to him if he is deployed, it couldnt have been repo'd or anything not with him being deployed.

He said he sold the brakes and the gauge pod. Perhaps more.

He told me that the engine bay was pretty bad and useless but I never saw it myself.

All the financial jargon went through before I tried to get the car from him. He was just going to let the insurance co do what they wanted with it. I was trying to get it from the insurance co and the bank and the auction place to no avail without a dealer license.... I am uploading pics right now.

These are the only pics I have, so don't ask for more.
Here they are:
00svt4.jpg

00svt3.jpg

00svt2.jpg

00svt1.jpg

Yes, he sold some parts off of it and this is what I know is missing:
-wilwood front calipers only
-OZs are at his house
-pod with gauges perhaps
-front rotors are in the trunk of the burnt contour
-headrests are at is house

*stock wheels and tires are on the car and have no damage

Last edited:
soldiers,sailors, relief act.....no way it can be repo'd.

wish i had a lisence......i would pick that up in the quickness

Actually no, the ssra only applies if you entered the contract PRIOR to entering active duty service. Or if you are a reservist or nat guard and were called for active duty service, if not then you do NOT qualify for the ssra.

And holy crap that car is toast, literaly.

It is really sad that he didn't have the car long, this happens, then off to Iraq he goes..... Someone on CEG has to snatch this car up. If someone does, contact me first so I have first dibs on parts :).

Have you talked to any of the smaller dealers near you. Tell them the situation, give them the money up front, get a contract etc.

I would like someone to provide me with some educated speculation of what damage most likely was caused with the engine fire. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would like someone to provide me with some educated speculation of what damage most likely was caused with the engine fire. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

well other then body work and paint everything the fire burn would need to be replaced ... the wiring is most likely all melted, hoses, etc ...

So... the 3L/Turbo/Headers ect ect would all be ok or? Understandable about all the parts that are rubber and would melt but I am more wondering if the bearings in the turbo are toast because of the heat, if the gaskets on the 3L are shot ect ect. To me... it looks like it got pretty hot under there, but how hot would it need to get to really jack up the major components of the engine, and upgrades.

Back