• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
That might not be necessary he says he's coming to get it tomorrow lol

He is also an excellent driver or his track is some freak of nature. These cars are tricky to launch, 1. they're a bit doggy out of the hole especially if the secondaries aren't open, 2. If you run a big enough tire to hook up with the secondaries open you better not have a stock differential :crazy:, and 3. Even with a beefy limited slip you will break axles. I don't know anyone who has the power, the supporting mods, and still drags it except Demon :laugh: It's not impossible to get faster times, just not many people worry about 1/4 mile times.

I consider my car to be fairly quick though at least on the highway, even on the 2.5 I could hang with those fox body mustangs when stock :cool: Mildly modded they started pulling away from me.
I want a turbo now.... Some day when I win the lottery... Anyways Im off to buy some tickets:laugh: :laugh:

Why are people so worried about launching over 2.5K? Some days I launch my car @ 3K at stoplights, I've launched my car from 4-7K more times then I can count. Secondaries? Who needs them! I'm just running a full 3L without secondaries, LSD, and a Stage 1(going stage 3) I actually look forward to breaking a CV - thats somthing to talk about :crazy:

I want a turbo now.... Some day when I win the lottery... Anyways Im off to buy some tickets:laugh: :laugh:

Turbo pssh I want a Cobra, although that's a few years off yet. :)

And I don't launch at 4-7k rpms because thats not necessary. I don't like beating the bejesus out of my car, it breaks enough as it is :D

Turbo pssh I want a Cobra, although that's a few years off yet. :)

And I don't launch at 4-7k rpms because thats not necessary. I don't like beating the bejesus out of my car, it breaks enough as it is :D

That is why i don't beat on it either. LOL. All I am asking for is a Shelby GT500.

Iusually launch past redline:shrug: :laugh: J/K.... Really though, usually about 6k.... I was told thats where ya gotta launch to get both wheels to spin:laugh:

And thats on a stock car...:shrug:

I've found that Fuzion RZI's dont wheel hop that bad - or at all. My drivers front is about 1/2 tread as the passanger fron and I dont have any wheelhop fro that difference. (the tread difference is because I bought the tires at two significantly different times)

Wheelhop = differentail go boom!!! Differential go boom = $$$$$, But with enough $$$$ = LSD and other goodies = :)

My drivers front is about 1/2 tread as the passanger fron and I dont have any wheelhop fro that difference
Mine are quite the opposite. Passenger side is almost bald where as the driver side is still about oh say 1/8-1/4 inch. When I bought the car they were the same tread. I dont know why they are worn different. But then they are tigerpaw tires. They were almost new when I bought it.:nonono:

Alrighty.... Went down on the highway tonight and found out what the exit number is:

Take exit 256B or the 5th Ave. W and Lake Ave. exit
Follow the signs to Lake Ave. Take a right on Lake. About a block after that you will see a right turn lane. Turn right. Again a block after that will be another right that goes under the overpass. Take that turn and proceed into the lot.

For you twin cities guys, when you figure out where your gonna meet up and stuff, whoever wants, PM me and ill give you my number.

Mine are quite the opposite. Passenger side is almost bald where as the driver side is still about oh say 1/8-1/4 inch. When I bought the car they were the same tread. I dont know why they are worn different. But then they are tigerpaw tires. They were almost new when I bought it.:nonono:

I think those tigerpaws are kinda cheap tires anyhow. My cousin had them on his GMC Sonoma and we could spin them in 3rd :laugh: I need to get a new set of tires this winter or next spring. These will last me the rest of the year though.

I got a 3L because of the reliability issues with the 2.5L ;) and the Torsen because of the reliability issues with stock differentials :cool: Still doesn't make it fun launching with a fwd car, wheelspin = lame. Wheelspin when the secondaries open from a roll is cool though!

I think those tigerpaws are kinda cheap tires anyhow. My cousin had them on his GMC Sonoma and we could spin them in 3rd :laugh: I need to get a new set of tires this winter or next spring. These will last me the rest of the year though.

I got a 3L because of the reliability issues with the 2.5L ;) and the Torsen because of the reliability issues with stock differentials :cool: Still doesn't make it fun launching with a fwd car, wheelspin = lame. Wheelspin when the secondaries open from a roll is cool though!

I was thinking and thinking of where I saw Tigerpaw tires before, then one day it hit me. On my car. They are the tires on the rear of my car....I didn't buy them, they came with it. LOL.

LOL -the tires on the back of my car are Dayton Daytona's - they were made in 95' and are still on the car... One of them is spinning in the wrong direction :blackeye:

Rear tires on a front wheel drive car don't do much anyhow :laugh: just hold you in place when the e-brake is on, otherwise they're just coming along for the ride. Its like trailer tires, they last FOREVER without being replaced haha

Rear tires on a front wheel drive car don't do much anyhow :laugh: just hold you in place when the e-brake is on, otherwise they're just coming along for the ride. Its like trailer tires, they last FOREVER without being replaced haha

Hmm... my e-brake doesn't work either... Maybe I should save some weight and remove both rear tires! :laugh:

Back