• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Map light console fell off....

seabass_00svt

CEG'er
when i was driving and hung by the wires...

i posted a while back about how i was looking loose...but i ignored it and about a month ago it fell off and i just got around to asking this question but prairie tan is svt only right??

i looked at local (around EMU) junk yards but couldn't any contours w/ sunroof for the life of me plus if i did they would be the wrong color...

the map light console is the thing with the sunroof button on it...and right now i took the console part off and have just the sunroof switch attached so i can use the sunroof...the part on the console that is broken is the tabs with screws?? holding the front part up...

any ideas...

-Hans

yeah, get some thin metal strips and wrap around where the peices broke, mount to the console and drill holes for the screws, if I remeber I will take a pic tonight of how my father did this

...Or you could buy the parts from Bill J!

The cover is a slightly different shade of gray than my car, but if you need Tan, you'll have to paint it!.
  • Cover: 519A58 is not the part number, but this is the correct part, $22.88
    • If that link is bad, it's under Collision/Console/Overhead Console/Overhead Console...
  • Clips: W700983-S305, $2.11 each
You will need the clips too, since the cover comes w/o them... unless you still have yours, then you don't!

Bill J photo:
519a58rw5.jpg

i looked at local (around EMU) junk yards but couldn't any contours w/ sunroof for the life of me plus if i did they would be the wrong color...

any ideas...

-Hans

You could also just buy the interior color spray paint sold at the dealerships. I bought the midnight blue paint for $13 a can and it matches perfectly. It would probably be cheaper to paint a junkyard part then to buy a new one... just my $.02

Back