• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

map light bayonet

GhoSStRyda2

CEG'er
i searched high and low and couldn't find the size of the bayonet light bulb used in the map light... can someone in the know please chime in?

thanks!!

you were able to just drop in the replacement bayonets LEDs and turn the lights on? how???? i could not get my bayonet leds to turn on and read somewhere else that some modification needed to be done to the polarity of the map light housing connections...

btw, the led portion of the bayonet you linked doesn't seem like they will fit through the holes of the holder...

You may have to either flip the bulbs around or switch the wires to change the polarity, I don't remember if I had to do that with these...I got the bulbs to fit, just had to make the opening slightly bigger, then bend it back.

TUFTOUR you da man! Just switch the polarities is exactly what i did on the wiring harness! switched the black and the orange around and BAM~! we got them bayonet leds LIT UP! :D

i notice that the center dome light did not come on when i used my key fob to unlock... the dome does work when you use the switch but just doesn't come on when i use the remote... i'm guessing that when the polarity was switched, it messed with the central timing mechanism's programming somehow... oh well, give a little take a little, i'm glad the bayonets work at least...

Back