• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lost some weight today

OMG! Throwback post!
2782490228_large.jpg

Man that was a long time ago! I don't even know where that car is anymore. I sold it to a dude in Chicago; maybe Roger or Hector have run in to it. That would be cool; to know it's still running.

I got my headbolts from the dealer the other day and torqued it down. I also finished the manifolds; they're all wrapped and ready to roll. But I keep forgetting to make block off plates for the heater inlet and outlet and the fuel pump, so I can't put 'em on yet. :( I did go clean out the car a little and organize everything. I'm fixin to do some serious work. :cool:

The car is up on jack stands right now. I figure it's close to running, so I should also work on getting it ready to drive. 3 of 4 wheels are stuck; no spin. I reckon the brakes are rusted up stuck. But that's cool, I already have Hawk HPS Ceramic pads, Brembo drilled rotors, and Satisfied shoes for the back. I'll probably need some hardware kits, but they're not too 'spensive.

Good thing the Dragon Run isn't until the fall. :( I still have a little work left to do.
ry%3D400

But this was awesome. I got a new dash clock; 95% of Toyotas' clocks go bad. My 86's and my Camry's are both bad. I got this one off ebay for $6.99 shipped and a new OEM surround piece (also notorious for cracks) from the dealer for $8.13
ry%3D400

And don't let the vents fool you, that dash is empty inside. ;)

Lost even more weight; but it'll have to go back on. I pulled the front suspension off today. Have to remove the hubs to remove the rotors, which sucks. But I found my wheel bearings had too much play in them, so it's time to replace them. Good thing every part of this car is small, therefore inexpensive. New front wheel bearings, seals, calipers, and brake hoses for the front will cost under a hundred bucks. I've already bolted on my Brembo rotors; just waiting for the calipers to put the Hawk pads on. Slowly but surely this thing is coming along.

Speaking of losing weight. i removed my trailer hitch today. that bish is Heavy!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/csvtjohnga16/Lighnting/014-Copy.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Measure the width of that thing. I'm looking for one for my Dakota!!!!

Back