• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lost some weight today

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, my Corolla did anyways. I pulled the HVAC boxes outta the dash and janked the PS pump & bracket off. That lil bugger weighs more than all 3 HVAC boxes combined!
ry%3D400

Unfortunately, the second v-belt groove pulley is part of the main serpentine belt pulley; I was hoping I could seperate them and just have the one row pulley. Guess I'll have to spring for a NST aluminum pulley. :cool:

Big news coming!! I'm trading the in-dash HVAC system for a new Mishimoto radiator!! And I'm trading some other misc stuff for a lightly used Weber carb!!! Oh snap!!!

Got the baller Mishimoto twin-core aluminum radiator this week. Finished putting the interior back together, still need to install the roll cage though. Also finished priming the engine bay; I'll paint it in the spring I reckon. Gotta finsh cleaning the block before I slap the head on. Still need a fuel pump and air filter though.

So today I did a bunch of stuff. Fixed my Camry leak; again. Installed XM in my dad's Jeep and installed new hatch shocks for him. Then I went to the Corolla. It started raining, so all I got done was:
Reinstalled wiper cowl cover vents
Reinstalled brake lines
Cleaned piston tops
Cleaned out head bolt holes in the block
Reinstalled alternator bracket
Mounted alternator
Mounted water pump
Installed new head gasket
Mounted head onto block

But guess what? The Beck Arnley head bolt set I got from Pep Boys doesn't fit. The new bolts are the exact same thread pitch as the originals, but their diameter is about 1mm too skinny. Luckily I was using the new bolts to kinda chase the threads and clean out the holes first; otherwise I would have stripped out the block. I could turn the new bolts untill they bottomed out and they would wobble cuz they're skinny. So I gotta take 'em back and figure out what's what.

BOOM!!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Weber status. Two barrel 32/36 progressive; basically mechanical VTec. :D :D
ry%3D400

I still need to get some header wrap to cover the janky header and bad paint-job intake manifold. Then I'll bolt that crap back on. I also need to port match the carb adapter to the intake manifold cuz it's a little off. Then dump some fuel in it and it oughtta run. :cool:

Looks good so far. Keep up the hard work but hurry! I want to see this thing rolling under its own motivation this year!

Thanks all! I talked to Hector yesterday; yeah it'll be ready by November for sure. ;) I hope to have it running soon enough to enjoy it in the spring and summer.

To do list:
Source head bolts
Install fuel pump/lines
Wrap and install manifolds
Re-loom wire harness
Flush coolant passages
Replace hoses
Install baller radiator

Then it oughtta be ready to run; just not drive. For that I've got to re-do all the brakes and replace the tires. Remember it's been sitting for over a decade. :(

To do list:
1. Source head bolts
2. Install fuel pump/lines
3. Wrap and install manifolds
4. Re-loom wire harness
5. Flush coolant passages
6. Replace hoses
7. Install baller radiator
1. Going to the dealer Wednesday to order them
2. bought everything Saturday
3. ordered everything Sunday
4. fixin to order
5. have to have head bolted down :(
6. calling around tomorrow
7. have to flush engine with old radiator first

Eric, are you getting a header for that engine or what:shrug: I'll be sending out that little Hotwheel car soon, I promise....trust me:cool:

Also, is the entire car going to be primed in flat black like that guys car from our Dragon run last year, that was really cool but your going to need to use a different type of bird to ride shotgun though:laugh:

Thanks guys! I'd like to get a header, but I'd have to weld up a bracket to hold the intake manifold up and I don't feel like it. Plus I'm broke as hell. :crazy: Pfft turbo, I'm gonna eventually get a tiny NOS cheater bottle and stick it in the dash. ;)

Honestly, there's no telling what color it'll be come Dragon time. Might still be reddish/pink, might be hot flaming bubble gum pink, STI blue, flat metallic grey, hell I even came up with a nice plaid pattern that would work well with the lines of the car.

Back