• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lost my hard drive today!!!

stilov

CEG'er
And you think I had it backed up...NO!!!

Is there anyone you guys can recommend to try and pull stuff off of it?

Luckily there wasn't anythin too important...but some stuff would be nice to have back!!! pics of my kids...you know. BY kids...I mean children...not goats nor cars.

Damn...
I just reformatted this weekend; things were getting cluttered.
Not sure that I can help you much now, but buy a portable HD and use that to backup your pics, music, etc. I think I got mine for $75.

You might try a refurbish shop there and see if they can put the HD in another set-up to get your files off. I burn a pic. CD every month, just in case this bad boy goes up in flames. 7 year old Lappy, its only a matter of time. Sorry to here about the computer. Good luck -B.

buy or "find" getdataback for NTFS, its by runtime software. its a great program and if the hard drive still works should be able to recover everything. Hard drive recovery services cost thousands of dollars. Ive used it acouple times when my hard drives have failed.

but do not do anything with the fails hard drive. doNOT reformat it, DO NOT even turn on the computer it is plugged into until you are going to recover the drive. Everytime your computer turns on it writes info to the hard drive this amount to lost data

Last edited:
Back