• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lit shift nob and gauges

tonyr570

New CEG'er
My main goal here is to have everything lit blue. (I know that's what everyone does but my radio is lit blue so i'm trying to match it). So what I really want is a blue lit shift knob that is just the basic 135/24R but led blue. I've found lots of skulls and solid led blue nobs but that's just too much IMO. Also what is the best type of led to get a good wide spread without hot spots on your gauge cluster and HVAC face plate. Before you all yell at me to search the for gauge lights I know what size I need but there's so many different types of #24's and #194's (which from searching is what I have found I need) I just want your choices of LED's ( I don't want to buy a bunch of $8 leds and have them look like crap). Thanks for any help you can offer.

you can also check out www.superbrightleds.com for an alternative. as for the gauge cluster size, #24 and #74 are interchangeable. however, i think you might be better off just getting the twist lock LEDs. its a PITA trying to get the old bulbs out of their holders. another thing is, since led's are polarity based, you would have to keep guessing which lead is + and which is -. then sometimes, those leads aren't touching the contact tabs and its another PITA trying to get them to fit perfectly.

as for your shift knob, not sure what a 135/24r is but i've seen lots of blue lit "normal" looking shift knobs on ebay, but you'd lose the reverse lockout function, which is kinda unnecessary and not a big deal losing.

Back