• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

List of one off or rare Contours/ Mystiques

3xzsucof

CEG'er
Heres a list of rare, one off, or limited Contours or Mystiques.

feel free to add to the list. Id really like to keep the list structured, with pictures for every car listed. Its currently a work in progress. I will be adding to it. feel free to pm me info on some of the cars listed and i will add them to this post.

98 Ford Contour Puff:
74487z1998_ford_svt_contour_sedanre.jpg

Contour20Puff.jpg

This silver car looks like a mild- mannered 98 SVT Contour until you get into the throttle. A 100-shot NOS kit provides some additional muscle to the already potent Duratec 195-horse V-6. An NOS Time Based Progressive Nitrous Control System offers an initial shot at 40 percent and gradually ramps it up to full flow, and a throttle control system will only allow the system to engage between 4,000 and 6,800 rpm. In order to handle the additional torque from the two trunk-mounted 10-pound bottles, a GKN viscous-coupling limited-slip differential is employed. This cars only telltale exterior sign was a very cool, yet discreet, blue Puff trunk badge.

PPG Pace Cars:
BhH9OwCGkKGrHqUH-DsEsNF82r26BLJ7pDQ.jpg

BhHzHWkKGrHqEOKj0Er0GnBBLJ7Fk0sQ_12.jpg

BhH6KgB2kKGrHqIH-CoEsKHwVGBLJ7ds-2.jpg

This car is 1 of 3 SVT Contours of this kind for Pace Car duty ever built. Not to be confused with other Indianapolis 500 replica pace cars. A joint venture between Ford and Champcar, for the Champcar PPG Indycar Series, built by Jack Roush. Used for display purposes and part of the PPG Pace Car Team of vehicles used to pace the Indycar, Trans-AM, and Formula Atlantic races. Also, used for giving executive guests hot-laps on race weekends. Custom PPG Mystique Green paint.
You may have seen this car at the races if you are an Indycar fan. Full Roll-Cage. Working Pace Lights. Everything on the car is designed for pacing races. One of a kind (in this color) with racing history. (1-PPG Gold, 1-PPG Mystique Green, and 1-PPG Mystique Purple)

Mirko Racing

Saleen:
S18.jpg

Image66.gif

Detroit Grand Prix Pace Car
Contour20SVT20pace.jpg

Roush Bondurant
Bondurant201204205.jpg

first 5 SVT contours were used for Bondurant's racing school.

Mirko Racing:
p16_jpg.jpg

Entered in the SCCA World Challenge

Ford SVT Contour:
98contour.jpg

The SVT Contour was a modified version of the Ford Contour Sedan from Ford's in-house Special Vehical Team. The SVT Contour was produced from 1998MY through 2000MY, with a mid-year revision for 1998.5

feel free to add to the list. Id really like to keep the list structured, with pictures for every car listed. Its currently a work in progress. I will be adding to it. feel free to pm me info on some of the cars listed and i will add them to this post.

Update:

The #1 Bondurant SVT was involved in a wreck today - the current owner claims he is going to try to repair it. The #2 Bondurant SVT was totaled during a track race event years ago.

The Puff and Saleen SVT are still owned by private collectors.

Anyone else feel free to post any updates about the PPG or other rare CSVTs.

Last edited:
Update:

The #1 Bondurant SVT was involved in a wreck today - the current owner claims he is going to try to repair it. The #4 Bondurant SVT was totaled during a track race event years ago.

The Puff and Saleen SVT are still owned by private collectors.

Anyone else feel free to post any updates about the PPG or other rare CSVTs.

Thanks Aaron, the #4 is fine, CSVTFGM bought it from me along with the Saleen. RWALTON crashed the #2 Bondurant. Bondurant themselves ruined the #3. Jay93 is the one who bought #1 from me and is fixing it as I type. Lastly, the #5 is in the hands of J2automotiveart. And we all know where the gold PPG car is...

Thanks for the clarification CJ don't know why I thought it was the #4 car. I'll edit my post to reflect your update.

Enjoy that Gold PPG car. She's a beaut!

I wonder where the green & purple PPG cars are at? I remember they were up for sale on eBay at one point.

Last edited:
Last I knew the purple one was still available for purchase from Joe Scarello at Autotrend Tire and Wheel in New York. He is Joey Scarello's dad.

Joe Scarello from Autotrend Tire and Wheel in NY sold the purple one to a private collector in NY. It has not been registered for awhile but I do know mileage is around 20k for the purple one. He will not give me the new owner's information so I can contact them about buying it. I did leave my info with Joe to pass along. Maybe some day that owner will get serious about letting it go......

The Puff was spotted at a car show about 2 years ago in western Wisconsin somewhere. No other info provided.

Back