• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lets not fight...

goomer416

CEG'er
I know everyone has their own brands and types, but what spark plugs really seem to work well in the 4 banger. Im used to NGK in all my hondas and they ran great... anyone else go with NGK?

certain auto manufacturers cars have a tendancy to run better on certain brands of plugs. for example Fords run best on motorcraft or autolite. you put a champion plug in and they run like complete :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Chrysler likes champion plugs and nothing else. most japanese and some euro cars prefere NGK but will be ok on autolites.

Ok sounds good, just ordered my plug wires off zxtuner... they wanted 75$ for cheap pieces of crap at canadiantire but i remembered seeing them for cheap somewhere lol... and better quality!

ps, jeeps with an L6 run best on NGK

I just replaced my plugs Tuesday with Autolite Double Platinum plugs. Part number APP5364 $17.08 for 4 w/tax @ Autozone. I like 'em.

well the reason i ask, is cuz i have this violent shake (well not so violent but enough to make me worry)when im stopped at light only in the steering wheel, and only when im in drive does it happen. I was told its just the engines idle(checked the motor mounts and clearences) Then I was talking to my dad and he said spark plugs and its coming to be that time of year to change em out blah blah blah

I have a different spark plug for every cylinder. Its awesome! You get the benefits of them all. :crazy:

\/ \/ \/
Ok, I really have autolite double platinum, never had a problem the past 7k miles on them.
/\ /\ /\

Thats what i baught, but i need to shop in the states more, they were like 9.89 a plug... and that was the cheapest i could find, drove aorund form shop to shop... i know i should call but i like to drive and my town is fairly small.

I ran NGK in my car the whole life of the car until I installed the supercharger....then I ran Motorcraft coppers. Never had ANY issues with the NGK; great plugs.

well the reason i ask, is cuz i have this violent shake (well not so violent but enough to make me worry)when im stopped at light only in the steering wheel, and only when im in drive does it happen. ...
You have a broken engine or tranny mount.

i checked the mounts, and had an engine dianostic taken at my old highschool (still good friends with the shop teacher) plus i had a shop look at it... everything came up with no problems

Should I replace the mounts? or would it be ok to keep driving it the way it is... its not doing any damage (I dont think) its just annoying when I stop at a light and the steering wheel shakes.

is it only when stoping? if thats the case id say rotors. need to be replaced or cut

Don't know if this is pertinant information, but thsi sounds exactly what was happening to fordman302's car, and turned out to be his clutch and flywheel were needing to be replaced. They were all off balance! Good luck!

mine is auto, so i dont have either to worry about... and it cant be the tranny itself because it was replace and did it be4 i swapped the tranny.

Back