• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED RGB Pushies (Dashboard questions)

Gritz

New CEG'er
I have a 2000 Mystique GS. I haven't been able to pull out the dash to answer these questions for myself, but:

1. Are the dash lights green or is the film green?
  2. If the film is green, how hard is it to replace with a white face?
Has anybody installed pushies before? Are they smart enough to remember color and have fade, or are they like the $2 RadioShack LED's and just cycle through each color. As far as needing a controller, I can handle that.

Also, I broke off a piece of my plastic dash that holdds the vents and salvaged one from a contour in a junkyard, the only problem is I can't get the one in my car off. Are there screws in those holes before the gauge faceglass?

The bulbs are clear in the stock cluster.

There should be five screws that hold the cluster surround on. One on the left behind you're defroster switch. Two up top in front of you're instrument cluster. And then two mire screws behind the little pats light part(sorry don't know what it is called in the mystique). But that part is on the right hand side just above the radio bezel.

Back