• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED Conversion(s)

Tracedyahxy

CEG'er
So I'm thinking of changing just about every exterior and interior light on my '98 CSVT over to LED's. My question centers around turn signals; more specifically, I know the drop in resistance can mess with the speed at which the repeater oscillates. So I'm wondering, if I change both the front and the rear lights over to LED's, will that keep the signals from speeding way up because the resistance will be roughly the same front to rear? Or would I have to add resistors above the lights (basically defeating the point of switching to LED's...)?

Thanks

you could just install an electronic flasher instead of the standard bi-metal flasher. if you choose to keep the stock flasher then you will have to add load equalizers.

resistors

resistors

i know wheni switched my reverse to 24 led bulbs a piece they came with built in resistors you might have the same luck as far as interior i havent found any with built in resistors that case you have to strip the wiring and add in one i did a 1 ohm for my dome light

i know wheni switched my reverse to 24 led bulbs a piece they came with built in resistors you might have the same luck as far as interior i havent found any with built in resistors that case you have to strip the wiring and add in one i did a 1 ohm for my dome light
all the interior LEDs from autolumination have built in resistors.

Don't add resistor to interior lights!

The whole point of resistors is to defeat the factory feature of the flasher unit flashing faster or stopping completeley when standard marker lamps burn out. A resistor on any other lamps only generates heat and wastes energy (unnecessary load on battery).

UNLESS you added them in series to make the light run on less than 14 volts because some are designed for less than car system voltage and you have problems with lamp life.

Last edited:
Back