• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lca's, springs and struts part II

polackSVT

CEG'er
IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

lol, mike couldnt handle a lil of polish vodka i mean sprite

LOL removing the whole hub assembly = noob suspension installers

H&R's right? WHy the hell is the rear soo low???

i had stuff in the trunk that day, but wouldnt you remove the hub assembly if you had to do the lca's?

Was just gonna say the same thing... Bill and I didnt remove the hubs when we did my suspension :D

Nope.. no need to remove the hub unless doing wheel bearing or axels

having stuff in the trunk would make it level as it should sit higher to begin with. Not making it sit lower. Hmm and your front drop is no where near what others with H&R's have

I think the suspension still has to settle a little. Also, the struts are KYB's....dunno if that makes a diff on how the height will be.

I was wondering if you were going to post these pics. I look like a retard in the one pic you posted of me, surprise surprise. LOL... You could have posted one where I actually did something. j/k... cool pics.

STFU!!! suspension on Non-contours doesn't apply to this convo

so once again you don't know ****!

Considering they have a similar setup the install process can work the same way, plus I was supposed to be there that day, but due to some circumstances beyond my control I had to be somewhere else during it. I did my research well before the meet and consulted my sources. I don’t go into a project blind and I knew that you don’t need to remove the hub to install a new strut and spring assembly. Now I know on the front they had to do new LCA's in which case, with as much as you know about cars in general, you dont need to remove the hub assembly to replace the LCA on a contour, although it might make the job a little easier to do. But in this case it wasnt really needed. Since they were doing a suspension anyways, I would have suggested replacing the spring and strut assembly first, then doing the LCA. That way you can let the hub hang off of the strut as opposed to having to remove the whole hub while replacing the LCA :) I respect what you have to say but... Man, why do you have to be so critical?

Either way, again looked like a lot of fun. To bad I had to sit this one out :( I still had fun that day though :)

"I think my car is fast... Wanna Race?" Haha its still on my back window. I so need to sell this car, haha.

Last edited:
Back