• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Largest door speaker?

RyeLou

CEG'er
I just finished putting the turbo on my CSVT 3.0 and I'd like to get some better sound from the speakers. What's the biggest size I can fit in the door?

The stock system in my 97 twin trubo svt is amasing. u jus ned a lot mor base to soundz loooow and slooooooww. i recomend 18s fo teh best booooom.

wit only 1 trubo, i wooldent git anthing 2 good, itz a waist.

the biggest is technically 6X8 in the doors you may be able to squeeze in some 6X9's but oval speakers tend to not sound as good as round ones so i have 2 - 6.5" polk component speakers up front and 2 - 6.5" polk coaxials in the back doors, and they sound good

6x8 with mounting depth restrictions, 6x9 with same restrictions and slight modification, depth is listed in the FAQ thread....... My God I can't read any more of this thread because of Rooster's pathetic spelling. WTF man, you can't even spell check your sig? Certified installer or not, your typing makes you sound like a retard.

Size of the speaker matters a lot less than the quality of the amp. Get some JL equipment.

My thoughts exactly, After 9 years I stopped visiting the audio forum after I sold my tour but check it from time to time to check out the 2 new posts a month. Its sad, I think almost everybody with audio knowledge is gone. Now its just a bunch of immaturity giving out BS advice and typing like 12 year old girls text. WTF!

My thoughts exactly, After 9 years I stopped visiting the audio forum after I sold my tour but check it from time to time to check out the 2 new posts a month. Its sad, I think almost everybody with audio knowledge is gone. Now its just a bunch of immaturity giving out BS advice and typing like 12 year old girls text. WTF!

yeah, but these guys have been members for a long time.....Im going to assume they are buddies and just giving each other a hard time.
:wtf: :wtf:

I hope they are joking :D. I have 6x9 MTX speakers in the rear doors of my KEGPLNT trailer.

ive ben givin advise on installin for years sense back when dnew and honkey monkey where givin bad advise. those assholes drove me away but im back and ready too help.

Do you really type like this all the time or is it a joke? The spelling.......

Do you really type like this all the time or is it a joke? The spelling.......
All of his posts (even in other threads) are like that. How can anybody take advice from somebody who types like that? Its like getting athletic advice from a fat chick.

Back