• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

koni sport kit for 726 shipped!

blackzilla

CEG'er
Hey everyone I wanted to share with you in case no one has seen this that his site has the koni sport kit for sale for 726 bucks with free shipping. This is by far the cheapest you can get this kit for your basically getting the springs for free. Here is the link lmk what you guys think, also if anyone has this kit and wants to talk about how good it is please share.

http://www.autopartsdealer.com/koni_sport_lowering_kits_11301603-p96466-p.html

I have had this kit for about 4 years and love it. I did break the threaded section on one shock but I think it was the camber/caster plates. I wouldn't recommend the camber/caster kit with the koni kit it is unnecessary. Koni did warrenty the part. I would also recommend painting the shocks before you put them on. The shocks have rusted pretty bad with winter driving.

2 very good points man thanks for the input, if you don't mind could you post some pics of your car on here or have you already on ceg? also I just got back from reading a email from this company and they told me koni is on backorder for 8-12 weeks so keep this in mind if your gonna order a set.

That's a damn good price. I bought a Koni Sport kit back in October for my car... at the time the best price I found was 804 shipped from AJUSA. Definitely rides better now than what it did stock... of course that's becuase I had one broke rear coil spring and two blown rear struts :laugh:

Shannon

yah I have been looking everywhere and this seems to be the best price. so how does your car look kilroy does it sit lower in the front or lower in the back?

yah I have been looking everywhere and this seems to be the best price. so how does your car look kilroy does it sit lower in the front or lower in the back?

It honestly sits pretty even all the way around IMO. I can't say as to how much lower it is in the back as it sits just a little lower now than it did before... that was mainly due to a broken coil spring and both rear struts being blown too. It does sit lower in the front. I need to get some pics up of it... I haven't taken any since I got it back together with the new suspension.

Shannon

Hey shannon thank you for your time. I'm sure others as with myself would love to see detailed pictures and if you do please put it in the suspension review thread so it is stickied and everyone can read about it. I personally am having a hard time figuring out exactly what suspension setup I want as I want to make sure the drop is perfect, I am looking for a little foward rake and if the koni's have it im going with them.

Like, around May or something like that, shox.com had the set for like, $600 shipped. Yeah, that cheap. It was the whole kit. I can definitely vouche for the paint being really crappy. When I pulled my Konis off, it seems like about half of the paint chipped off and surface rust took it's place. I'm trying to sell them, too. Stupid mad cheap.

oh I also forgot to mention, you guys know how shox.com is supposed to have a price match policy where if you can find them for a legit business for cheaper then shox they will offer them at the price you find plus free shipping, I also heard a rumor that if the other place had free shipping then shox would offer an extra 5 percent off. well guess what, thats all a bunch of bs, I emailed shox.com and told them about this deal I found and they gave me some stupid response and said they could not go that low.

What was their response? Because even 726 isn't that low compared to what they had it for a while ago. I ALMOST bought it because of how cheap it was and how much I liked the Konis. (Obviously just not the paint) But I wanted to go lower than just drop springs, which I was I went with KSport instead.

here is their exact response when I asked them if they would honor their claim that they price match

"sorry sir we are on colgate pricing for Koni I can not sell retail for less then My website Price."

I then asked them wtf colgate pricing is "never heard of it before?"lol and told them to basically kiss my ass.

"Colgate pricing" is from a very old (1919) Supreme Court decision regarding the Sherman Act. Basically, it upheld the right of a manufacturer to dictate a minimum price that a retailer or distributor could charge for it's product, and also upheld the right of a manufacturer to not ship product to a seller who did not ascribe to the minimum price policy.

I thought everybody knew this or am I just an old fart? Actually, it's pretty obscure, I remember my Dad talking about it long ago.

"Colgate pricing" is from a very old (1919) Supreme Court decision regarding the Sherman Act. Basically, it upheld the right of a manufacturer to dictate a minimum price that a retailer or distributor could charge for it's product, and also upheld the right of a manufacturer to not ship product to a seller who did not ascribe to the minimum price policy.

I thought everybody knew this or am I just an old fart? Actually, it's pretty obscure, I remember my Dad talking about it long ago.

I think that makes you an old fart as I've never heard of it... I thought "Colgate pricing" was how much a tube of toothpaste was :laugh:

BTW slightly off topic here... when are you ever going to reply to me when I ask you about your SVO lol. I've said something to you about it in two different threads with no repsonse from you :(

Shannon

Never heard that either...so basically they have a fake price-match promise...

I tried to order the Koni Kit from shox.com this last summer when they had it for 600 bucks or whatever it was. I ordered it online and the next day I got a call stating that the price on the website was not accurate because they have to manually update the site. So basically they were sold out and had not changed the info on the site. The guy quoted me something like 775 and a 4-6 week wait. I ordered coils from somewhere else instead.

I tried to order the Koni Kit from shox.com this last summer when they had it for 600 bucks or whatever it was. I ordered it online and the next day I got a call stating that the price on the website was not accurate because they have to manually update the site. So basically they were sold out and had not changed the info on the site. The guy quoted me something like 775 and a 4-6 week wait. I ordered coils from somewhere else instead.

I can see that happening for sure.

Back