• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

KKM Adapter Diamter

If that MAF adapter actually fits, and would allow for a 4" Filter... we could get a huge filter to fit onto our cars (as K&N offers more filters for 4" diameter bases).

If that MAF adapter actually fits, and would allow for a 4" Filter... we could get a huge filter to fit onto our cars (as K&N offers more filters for 4" diameter bases).

yes! lets hope it fits. T-RED 98 could you tell us the outlit size of it? please. if you have it that is

Could you measure the ID of the entrance and exit? Also verify the 4" OD of the entrance? If you can get those, I'll add that adapter to the comparison. Thanks!

ok t-red98 said "it fits perfect. from adapter to maf the id is 85mm".

T-red to post pics just do this:

pics of adapter

pics of adapter

Sorry for the delay......

adapter3.jpg

My digi cam died and wont have time to take more pics until this weekend.

The filter end of the adapter is 4" and has a lip on the outside to keep the filter on.

Do you have a caliper to measure the ID of the entrance and exit? Looks like someone said the exit was 85mm, but could you verify that? Is the 4.0" OD including the filter barb? I'll add the stuff so far to the summary above. Thanks!

edit: Actually... I was looking at your 'adapter1' pic and it looks like the ID at the exit is more like 85.725mm, which is really big. This adapter should work out great for people running the lightning MAF, any larger than OEM MAF (Pro-M/GMS). The OEM MAF entrance is 84.000mm. The "75mm" GMS MAF entrance is 85.680mm. For the OEM MAF, mild sanding & polishing the entrance would make it match up to that adapter perfectly! Alot better than having an adapter that's too small.

Good find! Oh... what's it made of? For that price, I'm assuming chromed plastic... dunno.

Last edited:
I dont have a caliper to measure, but the inside dia. is 4" on the filter side. The barb is not included in the 4". I cant remember exactly but the material thickness of the adapter is about 3mm. Its aluminum. Ill try and get some better pics up tomorrow.

I dont have a caliper to measure, but the inside dia. is 4" on the filter side. The barb is not included in the 4". I cant remember exactly but the material thickness of the adapter is about 3mm. Its aluminum. Ill try and get some better pics up tomorrow.

thanks! this cheap option makes me happy. cause the one i have sucks

Back