• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Keyless Entry Install help

Ifordman98

CEG'er
I just bought 2 programable remotes. I have read the instructions from a local ford dealer on how to program the remotes. I cant find the pins that i need to jump. I have a 1998 Contour Sport MTX. The car fax report said that it has a alarm system. Can anyone help me out?

I just bought 2 programable remotes. I have read the instructions from a local ford dealer on how to program the remotes. I cant find the pins that i need to jump. I have a 1998 Contour Sport MTX. The car fax report said that it has a alarm system. Can anyone help me out?

you may or may not have keyless entry ... the connector to jump is under the glove box ...

the box on the left is the pcm and the keyless entry unit is on the right ...

DSC00878.JPG

Just as BrApple said it's behind the glove box, but the easiest way to get to that area to see if you have it is from underneath. You'll have to take off the right side kick panel to get easy access to see in there, but it should be right where the above picture shows. Then as far as reaching it to do the programming I found that going through the glove box was easier (once I found out where the plug was that is). To do that just kinda squeeze the sides of the glove box in and it'll allow it to slide out and drop down out of the way. Then just reach back in and find the plug and then wiggle it out far enough to get the jumper wire in there. It literally takes less than 30 sec. once you have it ready to go, but it can be a pain in the butt to get to the connector sometimes.

I know this is an old thread but it is exactly what I need to know

I know this is an old thread but it is exactly what I need to know

Hey all,
Thanks for any help. Hoping blapple can repost the photo he originally put up for me.Am currently doing the same thing.

Back