• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just saying.....

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
hey i just got my tips and magnaflows today!!! so nice. I have the money for glenn for the exhaust. now need a place to install i guess mervine's? also if im driving hard my battery light comes on around 4 and doesnt go off till i let off the throttle? whats up with that?

Don't go to that mervin place,

they fuking charged me 286 to get two mufflers and two tips installed. So since my parts were @ 210$ that brought total cost to close to 500$ for two mufflers and ****. I think i'm done moding cars since I have a sucker sign above my head.

rape.jpg

Last edited:
Yep.

To be honest, I wouldn't have done any of this if i knew it would be 500$ all said and done. I would have just left it stock. It looks better, though it doesn't sound different and it doesn't seem to have that much more power. Oh well, i need to keep telling myself that it was a nice 500$ aesthetic change.

To be honest, I wouldn't have done any of this if i knew it would be 500$ all said and done.

same here man. it ended up costing me just over $500 for just the mufflers. and they even put one on a little crooked! i took my car back and they told me that i probably just hit something because they make sure everything is lined up before giving the car back. they said it would cost another $65 to cut it off and weld it on straight. EFF THAT!

I still can't believe Claude charged him that much :nonono: . It's not like him ...
As I told Doug in PM - mine cost nowhere near that at Mervine's .

FYI (just in case) - the $$$ is for the pipes , bends , welds , hangers , etc. - not just labor

Back