• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just saying hi

Knauberized

CEG'er
Just posted the following in the roll call. Anyone around still that I would know? Just checking in. Haven't been around. Anyway, how's it going?

Owner / CEG Ghost

Name:
Robert Knauber

Where you frequent:
Laurel, MD

Your ride(s):
Silver 1998 SVT Contour
Red/Gold 1998 Eddie Bauer Explorer

Outstanding features (mods you can see):
Multiple custom scrapes on every side and panel of the vehical due to multiple hit and runs.

Used to own:
1989 Volvo 240 GL (totalled)
1989 CRX Si (Sold)
1996 Ford Contour SE (totalled)

240 was totalled due to hit and run by a stolen vehical while I was on my couch and car was in front of my house.
Contour SE was totalled from an old lady running into me on 95.

PS Anyone miss me? (or remember me for that matter)

Who?

Yeah I remember you. Seems to be a lot of old users popping up the last few months.

Ahahha, nice1. Just been busy with life as everyone else is and discouraged to do anything the involves my contour outside of driving it as it's pretty much a disgrace now. The car has been the vicitim of 4 hit and runs in various locations and just plain looks like crap as a result. Mechanically it's great though, 121k miles, suspension could be replaced but is ok for now. New exhaust going on in a week or two. Installed the K&N FIPK Cougar intake system a few months ago. Runs like it's new and once I get the exhaust and suspension replaced it will probably run better than new.

You were around before my time but I'm a fan of your trademark innovation. :laugh:

BTW I'm up in Fairfax often, as my parents live there.

You were around before my time but I'm a fan of your trademark innovation. :laugh:

BTW I'm up in Fairfax often, as my parents live there.

Even though I'm still credited with the "innovation" I still don't take credit for it. Named after me for being the first person to post pics of it (high res at that) on the site.

Maybe I'll show up at one of the next "local" meets if there is still such a thing, ratty car and all.

How many door dings? :laugh:

Welcome back! :)

AHHAHAHH, I actually thought about it, and I think they may have helped on 2 of them, but they would have been bigger dents and less scrapes I don't know which one I would rather have. The other two were on the left rear quarter panel and my rear bumper.

Hey ive seen a sliver SVT cruising aroud Laurel ( I live in Laurel). By any chance do you frequent a softball/baseball field out by the nature conserve/glory days auto wrecker?

I'll be in your neck of the woods in September (I posted a thread about it, in case you didn't see it already).
It'd be cool if a bunch of you could meet up one night for dinner/drinks and other general b/s.

Hey ive seen a sliver SVT cruising aroud Laurel ( I live in Laurel). By any chance do you frequent a softball/baseball field out by the nature conserve/glory days auto wrecker?

I'm never actually at the fields, but I always am driving by there when guys are playing softball. Mine's silver with no door dings, REALLY cruddy front wheels (power washer won't take it off) and a bunch of scrapes. Sound familiar? :)

Nah i never actually stopped at the field to check out the car. There is also another SF that i posted a while back....

392536098_c8c232ad9a.jpg

392536095_fadf00c1b2.jpg

i dont htink the power washer will get those clean either. But as you can see the car hasnt been you'd (door dingers still there), so i guess its not you. So that makes 3 SF running around this area.... And two of them no one knows who they are lol.

O wait i did see a SF with a black dude driving it? That you by any chance? I was driving into a parking lot and it was going straight so i didnt get a good look at the car.

Nah i never actually stopped at the field to check out the car. There is also another SF that i posted a while back....

392536098_c8c232ad9a.jpg

392536095_fadf00c1b2.jpg

i dont htink the power washer will get those clean either. But as you can see the car hasnt been you'd (door dingers still there), so i guess its not you. So that makes 3 SF running around this area.... And two of them no one knows who they are lol.

O wait i did see a SF with a black dude driving it? That you by any chance? I was driving into a parking lot and it was going straight so i didnt get a good look at the car.

Nope I'm a skinny caucasion with a slightly darker than normal complexion (it's the italian heritage in me!). Dark brown hair.

There used to be a black svt that was in my neighborhood driven by an older gentleman but I think he moved or sold the car awhile ago. Other than that I've had no contact with SVT's in Laurel.

Heh, I too am a fan of your "work"...spent a few hours doing it yesterday. Now I have a cleaner looking SVT and blistered thumbs, lol.

Heh, I too am a fan of your "work"...spent a few hours doing it yesterday. Now I have a cleaner looking SVT and blistered thumbs, lol.

Awesome. Glad to hear it's still being done. I'm really excited now as I'll be getting all new exhaust soon (headers, y pipe and cat back) plus the kits from Nautilus for my front brakes to be 300mm, soon I will have the rear kit as well. Soon it will be like a whole different car!

if u do the turbo we simply must meet up. Hey if you need help installing it hit me up. I dont know a ton about cars but im always up for learning and "tighten this while i hold it" work.

Hey Bobby,

Gald to here your still around and getting back into the SVT stuff...sucker ;) just kidding. Not many of the old timers have theirs anymore...I just recently let mine go. I here you are doing a lot of suspension work...be sure to check out my for sale add...complete set of koni's, ati performance subframe for upgraded rear 21/22mm swaybay, subframe conectors, etc. Everything is brand new still in the boxes.

-Scott

Hey Bobby,

Gald to here your still around and getting back into the SVT stuff...sucker ;) just kidding. Not many of the old timers have theirs anymore...I just recently let mine go. I here you are doing a lot of suspension work...be sure to check out my for sale add...complete set of koni's, ati performance subframe for upgraded rear 21/22mm swaybay, subframe conectors, etc. Everything is brand new still in the boxes.

-Scott

Hey are the guages the ones like Pete had where the entire things glowed Green or Blue? If so, I'm interested.

Back