• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard Part Watch Request

Matt R

Hard-core CEG'er
Unfortunately I got in an accident with my car, a 2010 Subaru Forester. I'm trying to find replacement doors, silver in color, for the driver's side (both front and rear). The cost of new doors and having them color matched is so high, it'll be cheaper for me to drive a considerable distance if I can find the same color. So, if anyone's in a junkyard and notices a Forester, 2009-2012 with good silver color driver's side doors, please let me know. There's not much for junkyards up this way. Thanks!

Its about a little over a 5 hr drive one way for you but a online search pulled up a yard in ct. having both doors in silver. J. C. Recycling inc. adress 45 Hall Avenue, Meriden, CT 06450-7744 phone #1-888-247-1199. They did not list a price but from what ive seen price will prob be anywhere form 5-7 hundred each. Not sure what your quote for new doors and paint was to see if a 5hr drive is worth tthe savings. Also not sure if 5hrs is a considerable distance to you either but just throwing it out there. Worth the call i suppose.

Awesome, thanks for the info, I'll give them a call. Insurance said $2,500, average used door cost is around $500 each from a junkyard, and I got a quote of $1k to paint the doors.

Well then yeah if you dont mind the drive then you could save your self quite a bit. Also in my experience i would wheel and deal with them. They can usually work with you expecially if your buying 2 items at the same time. Give them a package offer.

Back