• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

JRSC M62 Pics - First Looks

I really should have nailed her car. By swerving she had the LEAST amount of damage. :mad: I wouldn't intentionally injure anyone, but I should have f'd up her car as much as she did mine.

I'm interested to see what happens with all of this insurance crap. The cops charged her with "failure to yield". I talked to my insurance company and they said I need to deal with HER insurance if I don't want my $500 deductable stuck in limbo for up to four years. I'm going to call them tomorrow so wish me luck.

Thanks again for everyone's concern and support. You guys kick a$$.

I'm going to go ahead with the JRSC project. I have no idea as to the timeframe now, but I'm still planning on having the fastest supercharged Zetec Contique in the US. :cool:

Later,
BP

"I'm going to go ahead with the JRSC project. I have no idea as to the timeframe now, but I'm still planning on having the fastest supercharged Zetec Contique in the US. "

glad to hear it, keep us all posted with your progress

I really hope that I'm not forced to go that far. KBB value on my car is a whopping $1400. :blackeye: Any lawer fees would make it chew up way too much cash.

After talking to AAA this morning (the person that caused this' insurnace co) they seem very willing to help. They said that and adjuster would contact me within two days. They weren't combattive at all. I was really expecting alot of resistance from them.

BTW, I keep forgetting to give you a call. I still haven't really touched the car. I want to leave it as is 'til the adjuster looks it over. I think that one of the tranny cooler lines is cracked. I'm hoping it's that over having a bad radiator. That would $uck.

I really hope that I'm not forced to go that far. KBB value on my car is a whopping $1400. :blackeye: Any lawer fees would make it chew up way too much cash.

I'm pointing towards the fact that a lawyer dealing with the insurance company will get you far more than you dealing with them solo. If you're not worried about ahving any doctor bills or chiropractic work done as a result of the accident, then the lawyer may not be necessary. They will tipically negociate a far better deal than you alone could. One other tip would be to not take the first offer they give you unless it's generous, insurance companies like to low-ball often.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that someone else's insurance can total your car? If that's the case they should pay for all damages. You should also alo get some kind of personal compensation (I got $500, and my passenger as well) when I was rearended some years ago.

I'm pointing towards the fact that a lawyer dealing with the insurance company will get you far more than you dealing with them solo. If you're not worried about ahving any doctor bills or chiropractic work done as a result of the accident, then the lawyer may not be necessary. They will tipically negociate a far better deal than you alone could. One other tip would be to not take the first offer they give you unless it's generous, insurance companies like to low-ball often.

X2 FROM EXPERIENCE

That looks Awsome i would like to do the same to my 95 ztec, can you tell me all the things that you had to do to make it all work? Thanks keep up the good work.

jrs

jrs

That looks Awsome i would like to do the same to my 95 ztec,can you tell me all the things that you had to do to make it all work? Thanks keep up the good work.

That's too bad you didn't stick with going Turbocharged.
I was looking forward to helping each other out with XCal2 tuning.
I just hope you don't regret your decision once you see some numbers from my car.

Yeah, I finally heard from the other person's insurance company YESTERDAY. :nonono: I'm glad that I had a backup car because I don't know what I would have done for the better part of two months waiting for a check.

That's too bad you didn't stick with going Turbocharged.
I was looking forward to helping each other out with XCal2 tuning.
I just hope you don't regret your decision once you see some numbers from my car.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. What turbo are you going to be running again?

We can still help each other out. Boost is boost. You will just need to pull some timing earlier due to the turbo's faster boost build-up.

After comparing the two, the T3 Super60 turbo and the M62 supercharger are almost identical in flow capability. The M62 is going to be MUCH easier to install. I don't have a fabricator close by so that was a big factor in my decision.

You will have the good TQ numbers but I have a feeling that our HP will be really close.

Later,
BP

I'm going with a Garrett GT2871R. I know it might be a bit oversized, but I'm going to be running around 20psi. So, we'll see. I still have plenty of work to do: have a new downpipe made, upgrade fuel pump, FPR, and of course the tuning. I'm not doing anything at the moment since its cold.

OMFG. That will be AWESOME. :drool:

For my distant future buildup, I want to run a GT3076. (I think ohsigmachi is running the same one.) Just a hair bigger than a 71.

I'm really starting to second guess my supercharger decision... :help:

BP

Just because of the expandability that you get with a turbo. Compressor and Exhaust housings are pretty close in size and the flanges are all standard.

Don't worry, I'm sticking with the JRSC. Once I get the idler pulley bracket made, it will be 90% complete. Hopefully I'll have that done by the end of Februrary.

I want something that others can copy easily. Considering you can buy a used M62 off the Focus Forums for around $1500, it's the cheapest route. The more boosted Zetecs, the better. ;)

$1500 JRSC SVT Focus M62
$225 60# Seimens Deka Fuel Injectors
$130 Steeda Focus Fuel Rail
$175 Lightning 80mm MAF
$100 Custom idler bracket
$30 Serpentine belt
$300 SCT Chip/xcal2

Optional:
$175 Ebay Water-Air Intercooler
$80 Lightning Intercooler Pump
$300 Fluid Cooler
$300 Wideband Oxygen Sensor
$500 J&S Safegaurd

Non intercooled for $2500. Intercooled for $3100 with no gauges or saftey net. Going from 100WHP stock to 300WHP. :drool:

BP

Last edited:
Back