• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's blue!

Well I have sourced a full SVT tan interior... so I'll have that to install, or at least have it available as an option anyway. Might need to clear out some parts... I will currently have...

- One full MB interior
- One full set of MB door panels and seats
- One full tan interior

Like I said Dupont Vinyl Color...nuff said. I used it in the stang...on the door panels and the armrest and door handle pads....STILL looks like the day I sprayed it. You just have to not be cheap when it comes to interior panels....but PREP is more key than anything. I have used spraycans with the same results.

Like I said Dupont Vinyl Color...nuff said. I used it in the stang...on the door panels and the armrest and door handle pads....STILL looks like the day I sprayed it. You just have to not be cheap when it comes to interior panels....but PREP is more key than anything. I have used spraycans with the same results.

Do you have before and after shots?

Also here is a quick photo shop to show that tan against the blue... just some random pic from a google search...

tandoorwblue.jpg

God I wish I did man. It was ••••TY grey before...somebody spray canned the interior grey. It was originally light blue in my Stang...but I changed it to Regatta Blue which is darker (something different). I like off color interiors to be honest...something different to look at other than black, grey, tan!! lol

How did you prep your interior plastic parts before? I will give you a rundown of my steps.

Go tan....that LOOKS •••••IN!!

My thought is... I only have one dash. If I try the dye to go to another color and I don't like it or it starts to wear... I am SOL.

just a crazy idea but cougar dashes are direct replacements... or we did have one guy do a leather wrap that was sick.

Stick w/ the MB, looks good. The tan won't work well w/ the blue & cf, maybe if you didn't have the cf...tan isn't sporty enough (you were going w/ graphite wheels too, iirc?). I'd also skip the dye & paint idea for durability sake.

$0.02

^^^Dont start with me about painting interior parts and DURABILITY issues. I have done it...we still do alot of it in the body shop at work everyday...and its NEVER been a problem. Just depends how much motivation you have....as some people are just really lazy.

Mike...if you wanna fly me to your house so I can do your interior black....I will....and it WILL LAST!!!

I agree the tan does look awesome against the blue...but it doesnt flow with the carbon fiber...kinda forgot about all your carbon fiber stuff.

I mean what do people that paint their interior pieces do that it doesnt last (I know improper prep is for certain)? Do you hump your dash and kick the hell out of everything?? Would you treat the paint on the outside of your car that way?? No...if you a car guy...you take care of things. But I not intentionally kicked my kick panels and dash getting in an outta my Stang a few times with the cage cause I am 6' 1"....and it didnt hurt it a bit. I dont care what the negative Nancys' say.....I would paint those interior panels black...and not skip a beat!

I would say hold off on any sort of paint or dye. Like you said there is no point in possibly ruining parts in the event that it doesn't turn out how you wanted it or how you wanted it to look. I think the tan looks good but like PeppermintPatty said with everything else it isn't really sporty enough. While this is much easier said then done, I would put in whichever of the two you like best and then see if you like it with the overall look of the car and the fact that that is where you will be whenever you drive it. If not try the other. Then if you are still not satisfied decide whether to look into other options. Just my $0.02

^^^Dont start with me about painting interior parts and DURABILITY issues. I have done it...we still do alot of it in the body shop at work everyday...and its NEVER been a problem. Just depends how much motivation you have....as some people are just really lazy.

don't start w/ you? lol!

This is only the internet, try not to lose any sleep tonight ok...?

Last edited:
•••• yeah that tan looks great in there! Note the black carpet. Do a black rear deck carpet too and that will be perfect! :drool:

Doesnt carbon fiber have a little gold in it at certain angles? Or it that the yellowing Clearcoat that does it.

His wheels are "Titanium" which appear bronzish when photographed.

I like the PT over the MB. If what I said above translate in person I think it work well together.

Doesnt carbon fiber have a little gold in it at certain angles? Or it that the yellowing Clearcoat that does it.

His wheels are "Titanium" which appear bronzish when photographed.

I like the PT over the MB. If what I said above translate in person I think it work well together.

It's on yellowing clearcoat carbon fiber parts...

don't start w/ you? lol!

This is only the internet, try not to lose any sleep tonight ok...?

Oh yeah...your gonna make me lose sleep. lol Work and the girlfriend might...but not somebody I dont know. I was just saying...dont be afraid to go ALL OUT...I will be here to help. If you want a DETAILED list of prep steps and the part number of the paint I would use to do your car....let me know. I would just like to see the extra mile taken....since its such a BADAZZ build. No sense in shortcutting now...just cause its the easy way. And that is my .02 cents!! lol

"Keep in mind" I am not a NOOB....and I dont steer people wrong when it comes to bodywork. ;) I take it you dont know how to do interior stuff either??

If mine wasnt the daily driver at this point in my life...I would paint my interior and do it in black to prove a point. But I dont have the money to do the seats in black leather.

I don't think tan will be a problem against the CF. The way it makes that blue pop (IMO, works better than black)..... yeah, you couldn't ask for anything better than that. Just my $0.02, but I think the MNB washes out some of the blue of the paintjob.

Either way, just remember, in the end, it is your car. No matter what, half the people will think you could have done something different, and it would have been better.

Back