• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's been quiet here.

ctmystique

Hard-core CEG'er
I can't believe how quiet it's been here in NECEG forum lately. What has every one suddenly got a life?? There has only been a handful of new posts between yesterday and today. I miss reading all the stuff going on.

Come on people. Wake UP!

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean. I used to love reading all the new stuff in our region. We USED to have probably the most actively posting region. What happened you slackers? :cool: Don't worry Roger I feel your pain.

I've been busy.

Friday night - movie at the Somerville Theatre in Davis Square. Stayed over the night. Yay for keeping airbed and sleeping bag permanently in the trunk (a trick I learned from a friend) :) Disappointed the SVT wasn't spotted.
Saturday morning - took the T to the Prudential Center mall to get my new phone unlocked. First time traveling the Green Line alone
Saturday - drove to Millbury. Drove to Shrewsbury for a dinner party, hung out. Good times.
Sunday morning - Aircougar's for end links (getting too cold out, yes I'm lazy)
Sunday afternoon - Saratoga Springs NY to meet up with Matt R for LEDs
Sunday evening - Manchester, NH

since you asked for some post whoring, here's some pics of what we've been up to:

Added some more seating to Mantown (finally a place to rest your beer while you watch the game over the couch potatoes):

PB114442.jpg

PB114443.jpg

The menu I "borrowed" from Fenway looks good here.
PB114444.jpg

The view from the new seating (I had to chop out the Angelina Bewbies poster)
PB114446.jpg

Oh and I got creative while making french onion soup yesterday, so have a laugh:
PB104440.jpg

PB104441.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I just got hit up by a few people asking me about your swaps. Are you gonna start doing this fulltime or what?:rolleyes:

Basically I've been beating the heck out of my car when I haven't been in class or at work. Not to much time to be on CEG.:shrug:

Nice pics.. I like the shot from down low, the bottom of the table. BTW where did you get the SVT contour poster?

Work has me exhausted, so I do a little CEGing during the day to catch a break from the chaos, but after work I just relax. I need to see a doctor for some tests to find out why I'm so tired all the time, no motivation, no energy and problems with memory and concentration. Possibly underactive thyroid gland. I've already been tested for lyme and that came up negative. Who knows.

I've also been pretty busy with a..........well you'll find out soon enough. ;)

I'm also trying to get everything in order to bring the 00 SVT up to Greg next weekend for the motor swap. I may or may not be going to the meet. Depends on how things go this week. :ponder:

I also wanna apologize to everyone that has sent me PM's for stuff lately that I've been slacking replying to. I have trouble staying on task with everything I need to do.

Work has me exhausted, so I do a little CEGing during the day to catch a break from the chaos, but after work I just relax. I need to see a doctor for some tests to find out why I'm so tired all the time, no motivation, no energy and problems with memory and concentration. Possibly underactive thyroid gland. I've already been tested for lyme and that came up negative. Who knows.

I've also been pretty busy with a..........well you'll find out soon enough. ;)

I'm also trying to get everything in order to bring the 00 SVT up to Greg next weekend for the motor swap. I may or may not be going to the meet. Depends on how things go this week. :ponder:

I also wanna apologize to everyone that has sent me PM's for stuff lately that I've been slacking replying to. I have trouble staying on task with everything I need to do.

No big deal, life is much more important than CEG. You don't have mononucleosis, do you? :shrug:

lol, if you cut them next to an open flame..like next to the stove, it'll burn off all the acid that gets into the air. which = no tears

wish I had a gas stove, but sadly, no.
Plus I am a clutz in the kitchen so even cutting near a candle is a Kim danger zone. :laugh:

It's making a huge clunk now when I go over bumps (which Greg took a quick look at in the late evening and didn't notice anything out of place) so I'm taking it easy for now until that is determined. So I haven't noticed much of a handling difference for most of my driving. He did tighten the end links which didn't affect it much. I'm taking the SVT to next week's meet so maybe someone will know. :)

However, there are many construction points on 93N in Massachusetts that have significant changes in pavement and pavement height. When I hit those bumps, the car used to jump all around to recover from the pavement shift. It's completely controlled now, which is awesome!

The red LEDs are sweet as well. Matt R had a nonfunctional 98 master window switch so now I have raised window switches too! Now to work on the dashboard - everything else is green (gauges, clock, HVAC, headlights) although he did do the defrost switch.

Last edited:
Back