• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is an SVT Intake + K&N filter a meaningful gain over an SE Intake + K&N filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might as well do a short ram. it's probably less expensive after all. And this site is very informative! Where else can you learn how to mod a Contour?

You know, if you find a library with a 30 volume set of Encyclopedia Britannica (Yeah, old school info technology like before the internet) and unmovingly stare at it for 26 hours, it will do nothing to inform you. You actually have to pick it up and open it and look stuff up on your own. Then tell me how that 30 volume set is NOT informative.

Meanwhile, if you think the members here are not actively informative, perhaps you need to look in the various forums and count up how many postings PER DAY there are answering issues about transmissions, brakes, headers, exhaust systems, shifter upgrade installs, underdrive pullies, tuning, forced induction/nitrous, suspensions, wheels, tires... need I go on?

On your question: I have a gripe. Your question here does not expressly state whether you are dealing with a 2.5L or 2.0 L engine. I'll assume you're dealing with the 2.5L, but next time make that clear or you may get a wrong answer from asking a question without setting the context. To answer that Q, I doubt the stock SVT filter/intake assembly will do more than 1 hp on an otherwise stock non-SVT 2.5L. There is likely a K&N filer that fits your stock 2.5L airbox as another option. And a MAF adapter with a K&N 3530 and a heatshield is another option. Which option is best relates to your short term and long term plans for this car. If you are getting by on the cheap and are too broke to do much and cannot plan to do much in the future, then you might do just a filter element upgrade (K&N) for your stock airbox and put the other $$ into another small cheap upgrade in your exhaust. If you get more $$, then look at modifying your stock y-pipe or replacing it with aftermarket. Sometimes you can catch a deal on a used SVT cat-back exhaust, the cheaper you can get one and install it, obviously the more attractive that alternative becomes. But on a bang for the buck/hp gained per dollar spent plan, skip the SVT filter set up.

And next time, please post a similar question in either the duratec performance or zetec performance forum, OK?

Last edited:
You know, if you find a library with a 30 volume set of Encyclopedia Britannica (Yeah, old school info technology like before the internet) and unmovingly stare at it for 26 hours, it will do nothing to inform you. You actually have to pick it up and open it and look stuff up on your own. Then tell me how that 30 volume set is NOT informative.

I did a few searches with no exact info on my question found so I asked it. No wonder this site had a bad rep.

Meanwhile, if you think the members here are not actively informative, perhaps you need to look in the various forums and count up how many postings PER DAY there are answering issues about transmissions, brakes, headers, exhaust systems, shifter upgrade installs, underdrive pullies, tuning, forced induction/nitrous, suspensions, wheels, tires... need I go on?

Whatever. I've been on tons of cars sites where people have no problem answering a freaking simple yes or no question, such as LS1.com, LS2.com or LS1Tech.com.

On your question: I have a gripe. Your question here does not expressly state whether you are dealing with a 2.5L or 2.0 L engine. I'll assume you're dealing with the 2.5L, but next time make that clear or you may get a wrong answer from asking a question without setting the context.

The thread title says SVT+K&N vs SE+K&N. Does the SE come with any other engine besides the 2.5?

To answer that Q, I doubt the stock SVT filter/intake assembly will do more than 1 hp on an otherwise stock non-SVT 2.5L. There is likely a K&N filer that fits your stock 2.5L airbox as another option. And a MAF adapter with a K&N 3530 and a heatshield is another option. Which option is best relates to your short term and long term plans for this car. If you are getting by on the cheap and are too broke to do much and cannot plan to do much in the future, then you might do just a filter element upgrade (K&N) for your stock airbox and put the other $$ into another small cheap upgrade in your exhaust. If you get more $$, then look at modifying your stock y-pipe or replacing it with aftermarket. Sometimes you can catch a deal on a used SVT cat-back exhaust, the cheaper you can get one and install it, obviously the more attractive that alternative becomes. But on a bang for the buck/hp gained per dollar spent plan, skip the SVT filter set up.

And next time, please post a similar question in either the duratec performance or zetec performance forum, OK?

So I guess the simple answer to my very simple question after all that is no. Thanks!

Last edited:
Heres an answer to your qustion:

Is an SVT Intake + K&N filter a meaningful gain over an SE Intake + K&N filter?

NO!!!!!!!!! Like it has been stated, maybe you'll gain a horse or two, flow a little better and have some noise, but thats it.

Now that you got your yes or no answer, hopefully you can take your sissy girl attitude else where!

I did a few searches with no exact info on my question found so I asked it. No wonder this site had a bad rep.

LMAO! We have a bad rep? Since when?

The thread title says SVT+K&N vs SE+K&N. Does the SE come with any other engine besides the 2.5

Yes, it does.

And aren't you the idiot that complained about the IMRC relocation a while back?

Yes this site has made a name for itself as being full of punkass semi-ricer search-nazis who get an ego boost shouting down newbs and allowing childish name calling and other dirtbag sh*t.

welcome:laugh: now leave

People don't even know what a ford contour is, let alone that an enthusiast site(or enthusiasts) exists for it lol.

Also, yeah...later model SE's did infact have the possibility of coming with a 4cyl.

No rice there, and more "go" than the SVT + K&N. If you think we're tough here, go spend a few hours posting stupid crap with an attitude on FCO and see how long you last. Grow a thicker skin ya whiner.

FCO?

Grow a better attitude ya dirt bag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back