• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior spray paint

hetfield

or hetfeild
I got an updated cupholder for my car from the junkyard through a friend. It's a little rough looking, even after cleaning it up. Basically the plastic looks a little weathered. I was going to just get some spray paint to make it look fresh, but I was told that whenever the interior heats up the smell will be terrible. I know a lot of people paint interior parts, including the person that warned me about this. Is there anything I can do to avoid that?

Go buy one that's not wethered!! :) Not trying to be a smart ass, but you'll spend the same on a better/cleaner cup holder than you can on some paint and some supplies.
Erick --

i buy paint that's specifically for plastic. but before i spray that on i use some plastic adhesive spray so it sticks right on without a problem. I have never had a problem with any odors at all and its been almost a hundred degrees here the past few days.

Krylon Fusion can look ok, if you clear coat it. It sticks well to plastic with no prep other than a quick cleaning. Can be found at walmart or any hardware store.

Go buy one that's not wethered!! :) Not trying to be a smart ass, but you'll spend the same on a better/cleaner cup holder than you can on some paint and some supplies.
Erick --

Yep I spent 15.00 for mine shipped to me nice and new! No paint required but good luck either way!

Back