• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake

Rich2279

CEG'er
Look at this wicked looking intake.
2d3c_1.JPG

where did you find that?:confused: i want to know alittle more about it

I doubt that will fit our cars. Looks like it is fitted for a Focus. If memory serves, the Focus has an air intake dam thing that sucks air from the front of the hood.

Never the less, that is one good looking intake!:drool:

I think with minor modification it could fit our cars. Maybe just route that intake down towards the front bumper, pulling air from the large opening for the radiator. I'm sure it wont hurt to cut off a small bit of the air flow to the radiator :shrug:

for a buy it now price of 10k, I think I'd pass on the engine the intake looks alright but doesn't look like a good breather, especially on the 90 degree turn. jmho though

actually, it's only going for $500 right now, which is a frickin steal. here are more pics of the intake, though, very nice!
2ae4_1.JPG

2868_1.JPG

It's most likely got a minimum reserve that is well above $500 and the buy it now price is what I stated. as for a 220 hp zetec for 10k... I could get there for half the price.

It's most likely got a minimum reserve that is well above $500 and the buy it now price is what I stated. as for a 220 hp zetec for 10k... I could get there for half the price.
i did get there for half the price. hell the turbo setup was 1/3rd the cost and its what made all the power.

Won't fit a contour. Battery goes there.

The stock intake flows well if you open it up to the fender well. The main restriction is that tube under there. Get rid of that and cut a bigger hole from the airbox to the wheel well and you're good to go.

Also, the square-ish thing on top of the throttle body is there for a reason, and removing it is bad for performance. It's called a surge tank- it stores a little bit of air right on top of the throttle, reducing lag when you step on it.

As long as you remove that tube in the wheel well, the stock intake with the paper filter is good for any N/A setup.

Won't fit a contour. Battery goes there.
For a while, when my last intake was routed where the battery was I had the battery in the trunk, all it took was a battery housing case ($29), case mount straps ($13), and the +/- extension wire ($56). worked without problems the whole time I had it set up that way.

Back