• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

intake super charger

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
i was just looking around the web @ different things & came across this. http://www.superchargertuning.com/Ford/Contour/
i am getting a short ram intake & was thinking about adding this to it. just to add a little bit more power. If it actually does. im not expecting real super charger or turbo results but for 200 bucks it mayb alright or just a waste of $ but id just like to here some of your thoughts.

Put a fake blow off valve sound on while your at it!

Those things are useless and yes a scam. Kind of like the thing that is similar to it that is supposed to swirl the air through your intake faster for $40 and "gains up to 100hp!" or whatever.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
LOVE the english they used in that ad!

You should totally go for it! Not only will it add 80 Hp but it will give you an extra 15 mpg too!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like everyone else said you will not see a gain from the electric turbo. I guess if it could spin at 20000 RPM maybe you would see something. But on the other hand, If you are looking for a small amount of horsepower the fuel management chip they offer with the kit will net you some gains if your car is not already tuned (I see you have 3L so it might be)

Ouch... My friend told me about someone who tried their gas leaf blower connected to the intake to see what it would do.
I think that would at least have some CFM from it.

theres a video of a guy doing that on a truck. we went from something like 130 hp to 175 hp. and then they used a nitrious bottle and also sprayed it into the leaf blower and they went up to 250 hp. and this was all on the dyno

HAHA have you seen the dyno results? 700 dollars for the kit and you get a 7 and a half percent gain? Ok so the force flow works a little bit ill give it to them. But who in their right mind would pay that much for such a small gain? there are better ways to get horsepower. If that one was 20 dollars maybe it would be worth it

I sat down and designed something like that a few years ago. I actually have everything to build it, but I never followed through with it. My electrical engineer colleagues at worked nick named it the "Hoover Charger Project" :laugh: The system will work and by my calculations will produce about 3-5psi worth of boost. It would be enough for a little kick in the pants, but nothing like what a real turbocharger would do. I figured there is a electric motor out there that could get me to 18psi, but for the money that I would spend on development I decided to go with a exhaust driven turbocharger. The plus side about the system that I designed was that it could be used just like nitrous. Unlike a turbocharger you could just flip a switch to turn it off and go back to your stock tune. Kind of funny actually I was just thinking the other day that I might put the system that I have on my 97 Civic DX just to see how it would go. However I would need to invest in some tuning software for it as I doubt the factory ECM tune could compensate for it, but maybe... sometime in August I might get to it.

I sat down and designed something like that a few years ago. I actually have everything to build it, but I never followed through with it. My electrical engineer colleagues at worked nick named it the "Hoover Charger Project" :laugh: The system will work and by my calculations will produce about 3-5psi worth of boost. It would be enough for a little kick in the pants, but nothing like what a real turbocharger would do. I figured there is a electric motor out there that could get me to 18psi, but for the money that I would spend on development I decided to go with a exhaust driven turbocharger. The plus side about the system that I designed was that it could be used just like nitrous. Unlike a turbocharger you could just flip a switch to turn it off and go back to your stock tune. Kind of funny actually I was just thinking the other day that I might put the system that I have on my 97 Civic DX just to see how it would go. However I would need to invest in some tuning software for it as I doubt the factory ECM tune could compensate for it, but maybe... sometime in August I might get to it.

do it! im serious with 3-5 psi on a little honda that already takes in barly air it would do the trick. you can just do it ghetto style without a tune like all the honda kids do anyways

I love lots of crazy projects that most people wouldnt touch with a stick, but you people are deluded.

do it! im serious with 3-5 psi on a little honda that already takes in barly air it would do the trick. you can just do it ghetto style without a tune like all the honda kids do anyways

I will, I just have way to many things going on right now to dig up that project. Once I have all my RSTB's boxed and shipped its onto the CF trunk project.

I love lots of crazy projects that most people wouldnt touch with a stick, but you people are deluded.

Hey it keeps me entertained. If you would have asked me 15 years ago if I would consider doing half of the projects I am doing now... I don't know.. I might have thought you were crazy. I think at that time I was going down the path to become an industrial designer and focusing on my artistic talents. I was not even thinking of math let alone engineering.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
LOVE the english they used in that ad!

You should totally go for it! Not only will it add 80 Hp but it will give you an extra 15 mpg too!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Wait a minute! You are trying to tell me the Tornado system doesn't work? Ah crap!!! I just bought a 100 of them to pass out as gifts at the next meet!! Damn T.V. ads lie!!!!!! What's this world coming too!

Back