• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

installing air and fuel

dannimarieiro

CEG'er
i need help with what wire i got to tap into for my air and fuel i got the + and - now i just dont know what wire to connect the gauge to i found the 02 sensor and i see 4 wires which wire is it???

thanks

Please tell me you know you're not going to get any valuable info from tapping into a narrow band sensor like that. To answer your question though you'll tap into the two wires that arent the same color.

Please tell me you know you're not going to get any valuable info from tapping into a narrow band sensor like that. To answer your question though you'll tap into the two wires that arent the same color.

what do you mean ill be tapping into 2 colors i thought it was only one:confused:

Does your gauge just have one positive input wire? What color wires are you seeing? Two of the wires should be the same color and you can ignore those.

its not that he wont get any valuable information, just not any good information

Tap the gray wire. Although Dyoel is right, you are just going to get lean/rich off a narrow band, you wont actually get an accurate reading of your air/fuel ratio. Only thing its really good for is telling you if you need a tune. You should just send it back and spend the extra coin on a wideband.

its not that he wont get any valuable information, just not any good information

Tap the gray wire. Although Dyoel is right, you are just going to get lean/rich off a narrow band, you wont actually get an accurate reading of your air/fuel ratio. Only thing its really good for is telling you if you need a tune. You should just send it back and spend the extra coin on a wideband.

so the gray wire is a sender wire??cuz that what it tells me to tap into, and thanks for the advice this is my bros car not mine lol he got them for free so cant go wrong...so this gauge shows you when you need a tune??what you mean by that

and i dont see gray i see red+white, red+brown, black+blue, purple+blue
i need to know what colour the sender + wire that goes to the PCM

He means it's just gonna switch between lean and rich while cruising like a light show. At full throttle when you should really care it's still not gonna give you usable info.

He means it's just gonna switch between lean and rich while cruising like a light show. At full throttle when you should really care it's still not gonna give you usable info.

ooo ok lol o well its my bro's car and he wants it in so im just helping him find what colour it is hope someone can help

Well what colors are you seeing? The last 4 wire I messed with had 2 grey wires for heating, a white positive and a black negative.

I'm talking about the wires on the sensor itself. Tapping into wires on the harness that can't be replaced easily is not something I can recommend.

Sounds like you're looking on the engine harness side and not the oxygen sensor side. It will probably be that regular white with a signal but I still wouldnt splice on that side of the connector since the other side can be replaced along with the sensor if needed.

Sounds like you're looking on the engine harness side and not the oxygen sensor side. It will probably be that regular white with a signal but I still wouldnt splice on that side of the connector since the other side can be replaced along with the sensor if needed.

no thats what i see on the 02 sensor wire harness..are we looking at bank 1 or bank 2 sensor??

I'm pretty sure the white/orange wire will be the wire for heating, gray signal, white postive, black negative. What I meant by showing you you need a tune is if it constantly reads rich and you arent throwing any codes then that means that you might need a tune. At WOT like Dyoel said, its not gonna give you any information, probably just a steady rich reading. Its better to have a wideband just so you can actually know what your A/F is, which is better to know if you want to know if you need a tune, or what you need to tune for.

You tell me what sensor you're looking at. You should be looking at an upstream sensor either by the radiator or the firewall for a reading.

Back