• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Injector sizes... (not sure where to put this)

No, bigger injectors do not just = more power :nonono:.
thank you captain obvious

yes, but he was talking about just slapping in the larger injectors and going.

ok so I forgot to mention a tune of some kind.

But with a higher flowing intake filter and smoother intake piping, a Opt TB or a 65TB and some sort of ram air .8# greater injectors WILL give more power even with out a tune! most of the power will just come from the intake upgrades but you can do all kinds of sh*t for better airflow but once you get to that point you WILL have to upgrade injectors.

But with a higher flowing intake filter and smoother intake piping, a Opt TB or a 65TB and some sort of ram air .8# greater injectors WILL give more power even with out a tune! most of the power will just come from the intake upgrades but you can do all kinds of sh*t for better airflow but once you get to that point you WILL have to upgrade injectors.
no, the stock injectors flow more than enough for anything except forced induction. now you could upgrade the injectors and tune for them but all you will be doing is running them at a lower duty cycle and they would be flowing the exact same amount of fuel as before, thus there is no power gain to be had just by switching injectors like that.

the only time upgrading to a larger injector and tuning for it will net you more power is if you have already maxed out the current injectors and are still running to lean.

so our stock 18 or 19lb injectors are up to the challenge of pretty much anything besides forced induction?

Yo Doc, you need to calm your ass down around here. Don't snap at me because you have issues. You obviously forgot to mention tune and your question about upgrading injectors made it seem like you just got out of middle school. You asked a dumb question, you got an obvious answer.

Yo Doc, you need to calm your ass down around here. Don't snap at me because you have issues. You obviously forgot to mention tune and your question about upgrading injectors made it seem like you just got out of middle school. You asked a dumb question, you got an obvious answer.

wtf you gonna do about it? relax

Back