• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ing a ....

BrApple

No Life But CEG
WTF. the tob seems to have failed on the contour while it was sitting over the week. what the is that! Im so ing pissed off and beside myself at the moment. what a stupid ing choice using the tob that came with the spec clutch ... even with it matching exactly to a new OEM tob .... no clutch pedal, brake fluid resivior is low and the leak appears to be brake fluid and coming from between the engine and trans :cry::cry::cry:

WTF. the tob seems to have failed on the contour while it was sitting over the week. what the is that! Im so ing pissed off and beside myself at the moment. what a stupid ing choice using the tob that came with the spec clutch ... even with it matching exactly to a new OEM tob .... no clutch pedal, brake fluid resivior is low and the leak appears to be brake fluid and coming from between the engine and trans :cry::cry::cry:

bummer those slave cylinders suck they always seem to seperate on back...

yuck

Hmm I put a white box tob in mine that came with my f1 clutch...hopefully it lasts a while. On the bright side you can probably pull these trannys in no time at all by now I bet.

aren't modified cars fun :crazy:. thats why I'm staying well south of 500 crank HP, I don't want to tear my car apart all the time. That totally sucks though Brian, after all this I wouldn't use anything spec or even udder those words :mad:. They suck..(giving the big thumbs down)

yeah I suppose I should have known better then to use the tob that came with my failed spec stage 3+ clutch. I used it since it was new and it was 99% identical to the Ford unit. only difference I noticed was there was no part number cast into the body of the tob. the kicker is the car ran great when I drove it last towards the end of last week. it sat all weekend and I found the leak today. i thought it was coolant since it was slick and sticky. however I went to pump the brake pedal and bumper the clutch pedal and it had no resistance. then check the brake fluid level and it was low from where I keep it. leak seems to be from the bottom of the transmission between the trans and engine. I looked but couldn't find any signs of a leak from anywhere else ....

that sucks.
its never fun when part like that fails...a whole lot of work to change out a simple part.

Damn it man, you just got it all back together too. Sorry to hear. Wasting away a entire summer working on a car blows, I've been there.

finaly call on the tob failure, it was my fault. one bolt for the tob started to strip out. I thought there was still enough thread left that I was able to tighten it down. I used locktite to make sure the bolt didn't back out. well it didn't but it lossened up enough it allowed the tob to pivot on the two remaining bolts and the internal seal blew out. but its all fixed now. my father stopped by and installed a hexacoil and its good to go. car is half way back together now, hope to finish it tonight.

Back