• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Infinity Kappa Components?

tropictour

CEG'er
Anyone running the new Infinity Kappa components? How are they? And what kind of wattage is needed? I was told that these are a very crisp sounding component set with the correct wattage.
-tropictour

your talking about the 6X8 component kit ? i got myself the coaxial kappa 6X8 and i love them !! they are 100RMS and they are 2ohm so you NEED another amp to power them... forget putting them on your HU

but the good thing is that they are 2ohm so you wont need a big amp to power them near 100RMS

your talking about the 6X8 component kit ? i got myself the coaxial kappa 6X8 and i love them !! they are 100RMS and they are 2ohm so you NEED another amp to power them... forget putting them on your HU

but the good thing is that they are 2ohm so you wont need a big amp to power them near 100RMS

I was actually talking about these.

-tropictour

Attachments

• l108607cs.jpeg
    l108607cs.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Good choice going with the 6" over the 6x8"

I think you'll be pleased.

just keep in mind the Infinities and known for having bright highs. So if you like rock they may be too bright.

Good choice going with the 6" over the 6x8"

I think you'll be pleased.

just keep in mind the Infinities and known for having bright highs. So if you like rock they may be too bright.

I agree, I have some Infinity Reference 5000Cs, iirc the number correctly and the highers are bright, I wired useing the -3dB on the cross over and I turn down the trebble on the radio some, but I tell you they sounds great

Cool cause Im planning to go with either components in the front and rear or just compnents up front and 3-ways in the rear. Id like to get my mids/highs squared away before I add any bass. Im kind of going for more of a SQL setup than just bass.
-tropictour

as GrandMasterKhan said infinity tweeters have very bright highs. I would suggest you to get some Boston Acoustic or Focal Access 6,5 components, they have a very well balanced sound.

Back