• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Imrc?

scottad73

New CEG'er
Firstly let me say that I've looked under troubleshooting and maintenance but didn't find anything...

I bought my CSVT last summer and have never been impressed w/ the torque/power. Many people said that these cars were pretty fast. I have little power out of 1st and no response from the 'secondary..." in 1st. I do notice a slight increase in torque after ~3600 RPMs (due to secondary) but not much. I did a little troubleshooting to see if the IMRC? was functioning properly. I saw the secondary open momentary when throttle was wide open.
Any recommendations on where to look and troubleshoot procedures?
Thanks in advance.

Imrc?

Firstly let me say that I've looked under troubleshooting and maintenance but didn't find anything...

I bought my CSVT last summer and have never been impressed w/ the torque/power. Many people said that these cars were pretty fast. I have little power out of 1st and no response from the 'secondary..." in 1st. I do notice a slight increase in torque after ~3600 RPMs (due to secondary) but not much. I did a little troubleshooting to see if the IMRC? was functioning properly. I saw the secondary open momentary when throttle was wide open.
Any recommendations on where to look and troubleshoot procedures? I'm going to pull the plugs this weekend to see if there any signs of running rich/lean.
Thanks in advance.

Does the IMRC keep the secondaries open or only open for a little bit? It is pretty noticeable when they are working. What other cars have you owned, out of curiosity... If you've owned FI or V8 cars and that's what your comparing the CSVT to you would be a bit disappointed but it is a pretty quick car. Try cleaning the UIM and LIM and see if that helps too.

Back