• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC Cover Mod

Pud wasn't always negative, but poor justification regardless. I just don't like being called out.
lmao nobody even called you out. nobody even directly commented to you until after you commented again lol. for once I thought KAOS was actually making a funny instead of being a douche lol.

I'm not the first person to cut the hole, and I certainly won't be the last. The whole point of his plaque was its aesthetic appeal, and removing the cover completely would accomplish the polar opposite effect. However, you must be right. Preventative maintenance measures are complete rice, and providing advice about how to prevent an expensive and unnecessary repair? Jeez, guess I should be deported to Japan right?

The point is that rather than cutting an ugly ghetto hole in your IMRC cover, you could have just simply removed it, and achieved even greater results. Cutting a big hole is pretty stupid IMO.

lmao nobody even called you out. nobody even directly commented to you until after you commented again lol. for once I thought KAOS was actually making a funny instead of being a douche lol.

thanks, I think....

Tex said:
The point is that rather than cutting an ugly ghetto hole in your IMRC cover, you could have just simply removed it, and achieved even greater results. Cutting a big hole is pretty stupid IMO.

better yet? get a damned ST200 front cover, it has an opening molded in with a screen grill.

I'll try to find a damned pic if nobody else does first

Pic(s) ain't loading up at work, but as long as there isn't a heat sink zip-tied on the top of the box, I think you're in good shape.

sorry, guess it was a 220 cover, in which case, I have no idea why it needed a vent there....

DSC04934.jpg

yeah, they are sexy, you need to make a provision for the pcv or something dont you though?

any idea what the crazy speaker grill looking vent on the cover is for?

it's got a couple outlets for vaccum supply, i think there's a PCV one there too. it doesnt have an EGR port but i dont like that EGR crap anyways.....

ahh, ok, it was the EGR.

I remembered terry trying to resolve some issue with them.

that grill is about as cosmetic as Mimi from the Drew Carey show...

I like that engine cover on the ST220 only if it didn't have that huge cupholder on it :blackeye:.....

Back