• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Im thinking of getting a 2.0 contour

Ive made my decision after today,im tired of working on it just problem after irritating problem this is one svt not worth the time or money anymore...fix one thing and 3 more problems......change the belt and a idler pulley goes,change alternator and idler pulley and tensioner pulley goes,change the injectors and intake mani gasket and vacuum leak happens,try to change struts and spindle/hub assembly and tie rod end gets warped and stripped beyond being able to get it off normally,change the front pads and bleed and the rear caliper freezes up.....so as of today that is my parts car im taking insurance off and saving up for a different car

Most of those issues are regular maintainance.....I think you bought a car that wasn't take care of and dumped before they had any issues.

Most of those issues are regular maintainance.....I think you bought a car that wasn't take care of and dumped before they had any issues.

Yea im sure if i drove it more i would have found out earlier,but 16 months 10,000 miles later and it all just flooded out with problems.....but its gone now thank god and im picking up a 5 speed 94 Infiniti G20 TOURING edition tomorrow hopefully....it has timing chain,vlsd manual tranny and i am able to swap a Japanese version turbo motor when im ready....Im out of the Contour game for awhile i cant buy another contour atm im to angry at them lol......thanks everyone for the help on the 2.0 info maybe next time around when ill get a gently used 2.0 rather than a svt

Back