• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm back...

Got it up on ramps...the bottom half of the casing fell off of the cat.

The side skirts are off, only a small amount of surface rust around the holes drilled to secure the skirts. I went to Harbor Freight and got a slide hammer so I will get the body work done this weekend. Should only need a windshield and tires and she should be on the road soon. Hopefully for the Harry's meet.

Well, the bumper is just about ready for primer. I washed it and I have to wait for it to dry. I still can't figure a way to get the paint out of the little crease that goes around the exhaust area. Any ideas?

Attachments

• svtbumper2.JPG
    svtbumper2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
I'd try a very light grit and just crease the paper and use the edge. Sure...it won't last long, but you can just keep doing it.

I'd try a very light grit and just crease the paper and use the edge. Sure...it won't last long, but you can just keep doing it.

That or I could just leave the yellow line amidst all the black....:laugh:

Good idea, I'll have to give it a shot. I'm sure it will take me an hours though...but I have no other ideas.

being a black svt its going on they usually have the back bumpers completely gloss black so you may not have to worry about it too much, but the above idea is a good one just make sure not to dig it out any with the paper.

Back