• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

if you are looking for a 3.0

rediculously expensive.

I got my Full 03 Taurus engine (with all the sensors and everything) for $320 and it only had 8k on it. And I know there are a few people on here that have gotten one for even cheaper.

i dont know i am considering this option because if i am going to spend over 1500 already whats a extra 300-400 to have a engine with zero miles on it

i dont know i am considering this option because if i am going to spend over 1500 already whats a extra 300-400 to have a engine with zero miles on it
Hey if you like throwing money away for no reason my address is as follows: :shrug:

No heads (few hundred), no 3L valves (few hundred), etc... That is a lot of extra money you are going to spend just because you feel that a few hundred is no big deal. :blackeye:

We can only lead you to water, we can't make you drink it. 'nuff said.

Heheheh, this can be misleading. Getting one with low miles is really better because you know the motor 'works' and doesn't have any manufacturers defects. It is sort of tested already for you.

Put in a new block and yeah it should be fine. But then again.....

Point being that with less than 20K miles on them these engines are already like brand new, at least the shortblock is. If you verify the engine is low miles by pulling a valve cover and looking at the coloration of the metal on the cams and followers you can determine a lot, and save so much more money for headers, clutch, etc.

i was just posting a link. i am pretty sure i am going to go the junk yard route though.

Back