• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Door sills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet... now how much we talkin? Then what is the lead time. Also is there a chance we can get three grooves instead of two?? Like this pic...

SoopaCooga said:
Autovation said:
Regarding pricing, if we get more than 10 sets on the order we expect to ship them out for under $100 and that includes the shipping cost. To order just the fronts will be about $25-$30 cheaper than ordering the entire 4 piece set.

Lead time? However long it takes to get 10+ orders so that we get the price above.

If everybody decides they would rather have three grooves then I will tell Autovation, but please understand that we ended up with two shallow grooves in part because people here said the plates must be easy to clean. And they have already programmed the computer to make the plates as shown in the pics I just posted.

I would prefer 3 groves.

ALSO, for ease of cleaning can they make them "U" shaped groves instead of "l_l" (square) groves, that way there aren't any corners for dirt to get trapped in?

List for 3 groves:

1.Chas

Lead time? However long it takes to get 10+ orders so that we get the price above.

If everybody decides they would rather have three grooves then I will tell Autovation, but please understand that we ended up with two shallow grooves in part because people here said the plates must be easy to clean. And they have already programmed the computer to make the plates as shown in the pics I just posted.

ALSO, for ease of cleaning can they make them "U" shaped groves instead of "l_l" (square) groves, that way there aren't any corners for dirt to get trapped in?

in machining there will most likely not be a perfect corner. there will be a slight "U" to it because of the tools used to machine the groove.

also I think two grooves are fine. I think that three would be to busy.

question: on the etching what can it be? anything we want or something specific? Like for my one car I would want SeVT-T and the other SVT ....

also if we do not want any etching would the grooves run the full length or will there be a blank box in the middle?

Last edited:
1.Chas - 3 grooves
2. brapple - 2 grooves - satin
3. brapple - 2 grooves - satin

1.Chas - 3 grooves
4.CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin

1.Chas - 3 grooves
4.CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin (w/SVT etching)
5.hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin

-------------
question, will the middle space on the fronts be left empty? So say I wanted a logo on there that they won't etch, I could get a vinyl done for it?

1.Chas - 3 grooves
4.CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin (w/SVT etching)
5.hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin
6.fcsvt1 - 2 grooves - satin (w/build number)

ALSO, for ease of cleaning can they make them "U" shaped groves instead of "l_l" (square) grooves, that way there aren't any corners for dirt to get trapped in?

Chas, from the pics I posted, it looks to me like the ends of the grooves are going to be U-shaped.

Brapple said:
on the etching what can it be? anything we want or something specific? Like for my one car I would want SeVT-T and the other SVT. also if we do not want any etching would the grooves run the full length or will there be a blank box in the middle?

Etching options include no blank, blank, build numbers, or logo:

no blank = the grooves go the entire length of the plates
blank = blank spot for DIY etching
build numbers = your 3 or 4 digit build number in a font of your choosing (within limits)
logo = a logo popular with this community

So these are being made with a blank box or the option of etching at our choice?

1. Chas - 3 grooves
4. CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin (w/SVT etching)
5. hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin
6. fcsvt1 - 2 grooves - satin (w/build number)
7. ft.worthsvt- 2 grooves- satin (w/build #851)

Is it possible to get etching on the rear sills?

Reason I'm asking is b/c "SVT" on the front and "4887" on the back would look pretty sweet.

1. Chas - 3 grooves
4. CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin
5. hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin
6. fcsvt1 - 2 grooves - satin (w/build number)
7. ft.worthsvt- 2 grooves- satin (w/build #851)

Can't do SVT etching or anything ford related due to copyright stuff.
:rolleyes: you dont take hints very well do you?:shrug:
I will have to check fund and see if I can do this, because I want a set of pedals too since I had to get rid of my last set.

:rolleyes: you dont take hints very well do you?:shrug:
I will have to check fund and see if I can do this, because I want a set of pedals too since I had to get rid of my last set.

ohhh yeah. I forgot about all that. :blackeye: If only SE was as cool as SVT :cry:

It does not look that way, but I will inquire for you.

Hehe. they can do SE if that is what you want. maybe even Brian's SE-VT. :laugh: if you're serious, send me an image of it in your font of choice.

well then I would think about SeVT-T in the standard SVT script style. Then of course I would want a popular CEG logo on the other set.

can we get an example of what the etching could look like?

Last edited:
3 grooves are possible! So is etching on rear sills!

Autovation said:
FYI, we can do 2 or 3 grooves no problem. Also, we can do engraving on the rear sills if requested.

Brapple, I'll post a link to some etching examples tonight. The Internet is blocked at my office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back