• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I will own a home

Update - lowball offer was accepted, P&S signed, inspections are on friday. Closing end of Jan if all goes well.

Looks like we're both moving right along heh. Cant wait for my own garage :drool:

thats some great news.

if you need a mortgage broker I have a guy I can recommend.

as for todays wrap up, storage unit is all but moved over and semi organzied. :cool:

the garage was already filled and emptied out some. there where wheels between the cars, and more box. I got all of that moved into the basement.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
my brother took some pictures with my parents new camera. I just got copies today.

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

two radios where left. this one is in the garage and one in the basement. both work well for what they are.

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

this was used as a den/computer room. I plan to do the same.

DSC00060.JPG

this was used as the master bedroom. room needs to be painted and or the panelling pulled down and then paint.

DSC00061.JPG

again what was the master bedroom. I think that I will do the same at the moment.

DSC00062.JPG

one of the upstairs bedrooms

DSC00063.JPG

the other bedroom upstairs

DSC00064.JPG

DSC00065.JPG

DSC00066.JPG

DSC00067.JPG

DSC00068.JPG

Pretty similar to our house too. Enjoy it!

I am already. its funny my father said it was already feeling like a home on the monday afternoon after the closing. thing is there was nothing in the house yet. but it was weird, after getting the SVT and all my car stuff over and then into the basement it did feel like home. Pulling into the driveway is just a natural feeling. :laugh:

congrats congrats! lookin good buddy!

i have less than a month to finish coming up with my closing money, inspection and appraisal are next for me :):):)

I'm just glad i get to join the club!

So the closing happened on the 29th? You missed out on free money by a couple days.

First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit: 6 Things to Know
February 17, 2009 06:19 PM ET

While the proposed $15,000 home-buyer tax credit died in negotiations between the House and the Senate, the $787 billion stimulus bill that President Barack Obama signed into law Tuesday includes a similar--albeit smaller--measure designed to help revive the real estate market. Here are six things you need to know about the freshly-enacted $8,000 first-time home buyer tax credit.

1. Eight grand, new buyers: The tax credit included in the economic stimulus legislation is much narrower than the $15,000 proposal. This credit is equivalent to 10 percent of the purchase price of the home--although it's capped at $8,000--and applies only to first-time home buyers and principal residences. But unlike an earlier $7,500 home buyer tax credit, this one does not have to be repaid.

2. First time buyers defined: For the purpose of this legislation, a "first-time home buyer" is someone who hasn't owned a principal residence for three years before buying a house. (The date of purchase is considered the day that the title is transferred.) That means if you've owned a vacation home--but not a principal residence--within the past three years, you would still qualify for the credit.

3. 2009 buyers only: Only those who purchase a home on or after January 1 and before December 1, 2009 are eligible for the credit. Anyone who bought a home last year won't be able to take advantage of it.

4. Income limits: The tax credit is subject to income limitations. Single buyers need a modified adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less to qualify for the full credit, that's $150,000 for married couples. Those earning more than these thresholds may be eligible for reduced credits.

5. Refundable: Because the tax credit is "refundable," qualified buyers can take advantage of it even if they don't have much tax liability.

6. Recapture: Buyers have to own the home for at least three years in order to capitalize on the credit. If they sell the home before then, they will have to return the credit to the government. (Exceptions will be made in certain cases, such as death or divorce.)

ooh, this is even better! Another reason I'm glad I waited. That and we haven't found a house we can agree on yet.

I could have waited a bit longer but as far as I am concerned it was the right time and right place so that is that and I couldn't be happier.

I could have waited a bit longer but as far as I am concerned it was the right time and right place so that is that and I couldn't be happier.

Exactly. Had we found the right house we'd be living in there now and not be eligible for this one. I wouldn't sweat it either. An interest free loan is still a sweet deal.

Exactly. Had we found the right house we'd be living in there now and not be eligible for this one. I wouldn't sweat it either. An interest free loan is still a sweet deal.

yeah but getting to keep the money is even better. Im just going to put it into my money market account and save it while earning the interest on the money. will have a nice emergency fund if I ever should need it.

Back