• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i was wondering if u guys think these are any good

HAHA, he gave me two options - durlast or the ebay crap, so I picked the better of the two :laugh:.

I know, I know. :) It just tickled a bit! Personally I will not use another Duralast part in my life time if I can avoid it. I'd also like to add that the ebay company that I bought my SE rotors from used Brembos and drilled them at their shop. Not all ebay stuff is junk, you just have to ask questions and get proof. Be a smart buyer and you're good to go.

Last edited:
For stock replacement, if you don't do any really hard driving I'd suggest Bendix over Duralast if you want a cheap replacement. Two others I would suggest are Raysbestos or Motorcraft.

Stock would b fine I guess. Im not doing any racing or hard driving. I just like the way the drilled & slotted look. But I dont want to b paying an arm & leg either

its a 98 so im guessing the E0, but my last 1 i had was also a 98 but & when i did the brakes on there it had the bigger brakes.. i havent had the brakes on this 1 off yet so im not 100% on that. ill have to get the wheel off & look 1 of these days when its a little warmer. is there any way i can tell from just looking @ it without taking the wheel off & measuring

early 98s were E0 while late 98s were E1. obviously taking the wheel off to check is the best way but you can usually tell just by looking at the brakes through the wheel spokes. the larger E0 caliper/pads contact the rotor on the almost the entire face while the E1 caliper/pads leave some space between the hat and where the pad sweeps the rotor. I will have to look to see if i can find some pics comparing the two.

edit: post #20 in this thread shows some pics of an E0 caliper on the car with the wheel off.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...f-brakes-do-I-have&highlight=E0+vs+E1+caliper

Back