• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I want I want I want

That car is wack and over priced, They should be trying to give it away. I wouldn't pay over $700.00 for it if it ran prefect. You must be in your 50s or 60s to think that car is "hot" that car should have been called "Old Americans Edition" That car is ugly as hell. Don't do it, I bet you that price will go down to $699.99 it you wait, Because no one wants it.:shrug:

IMO that is pretty ugly. Not a fan of the pre98 mystiques, but like I said that is my op. Though it is a very limited edition, being that it has been in an accident, that price is way too high. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it,a nd then use it as a winter beater. If you buy it, drive it, it would be a waste to buy it and let it sit.

That car is wack and over priced, They should be trying to give it away. I wouldn't pay over $700.00 for it if it ran prefect. You must be in your 50s or 60s to think that car is "hot" that car should have been called "Old Americans Edition" That car is ugly as hell. Don't do it, I bet you that price will go down to $699.99 it you wait, Because no one wants it.:shrug:

If you don't know about the car or something and not interested in buying, go to the next post and keep on reading other things. Don't ruin this.

On the other topic..., hmm, Just offer him something good enough for him to just let it go, he may want it out after being at his lot or parking for more than he really wanted to.

Good luck.

I want to share with ya'll the fact that I've owned a 1995 Mystique YA for over 7 years now.... I'll post a couple pics.

I bought it used in Jan 2001, with 50k miles. I needed a car to commute 120m round-trip (from Melbourne to Orlando) on the interstate, and the 175hp V6 was perfect for cruising at 80-85mph. I have since put 170k more miles on the car (up to 220K now), and it still runs perfectly. I don't exactly "baby" it but I keep fresh oil in it and bring it in for regular checkups. It has never required engine or tranny work. I quit my job in Orlando in Nov 2005, so I've only put about 10k miles on it since then (now, I work at home as a computer consultant to the pharmacy industry). The car has never leaked or burned a drop of oil, I have been really impressed with the Duratec 2.5L engine.

Long story short -- the Mystique has been a great car. Weren't there only 5000 YA's made (compared to what, 3000 SVT Contours?)? I am proud to say that I had one. What kind of car gets 220K miles on it? A reliable, dependable one.

Attachments

• _001.jpg
    _001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • _004.jpg
    _004.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
  • _006.jpg
    _006.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • _005.jpg
    _005.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
What do you mean "chill" I'm not tripping It's just not worth $1755.00, my bad. His car in the pic looks 20x better. I did a google search on that car and found nothing. If that car was here in Detroit, I would be for $755.00 and then they would take less because no one cares it's a young american edition . Don't get me wrong it's a nice to go pick up groceries, but it will never compare to the Contour SVT. I hope i didn't offend anyone and I'm "chillin" :cool: I not hating it just my opinion. And if I put pic of my car or a car I want on here I want peoples opinions and not for people to kiss my ass.

Last edited:
and that baby is for sale!!!! if i was in florida..or closer than 1400 miles away,for 1k....i'd snatch baby up.

Back