• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I think snows a comin...

I saw one flake.
The ground was wet when I woke up.
Walking back to my dorm I got hit in the face by the wind. Very raw and dry, kind of sucks.

My cubicle neighbor commutes from Northboro and said it was sunny when he left home but he eventually drove into the storm on his way to Boston. Around here there was a decent amount of snow falling till around 10am but no accumulation.

gosh I sure hope he has!! I remember that was one of the movies he told me he has never seen!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Buh?

I haven't seen a lot of movies that were made before 1996, heh. My friends have been working on that in the past four years.

But I guarantee to you Office Space remains one of my favorites, and was the first commercial DVD I ever bought (the first DVD I ever bought was SZ02 DVD lol!), in 2003. I also play Mambo #8 on my iPod whenever I'm stuck in traffic too, eases roadrage tension. :)

Maybe it's someone else on here that hasn't. I remember mentioning some 80s movie at the last Manchester meet that everyone was surprised I had never seen.

Finally got my snow tires on.. But it really takes away from the look :(

Before...
HPIM0351.jpg

Afta..

HPIM0352.jpg

yeah its snowing, but after i got to work ...

JD you should get yourself some SE wheels ....

(old photo just less crome left on front bumper now ...)

DSC01528.JPG

and so it begins ... I can over hear people just coming in and they say it is bad out, just a dusting on the roads that I can see out the door and car are off the road and there are acciedents ... :rolleyes: :help: :nonono:

here we go again ...

Last edited:
4wd FTL for a false sense of security :nonono:

doesn't mean anything if you can't stop or you flip over :rolleyes:

BrApple has a good point. Some people are WAY over confident in their big huge 4x4's. I can't believe how fast they pass you on the higways in bad weather.

We are now a 2 4x4 family. My wife is now driving a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have my 1995 Nissan hardbody. Maybe I won't have to keep our driveway perfectly dry all winter so I can get up it (bit of a hill). The Contour always had a little trouble on it if it was icy at all.

yeah 4wd does give a major false sense of security.

but when plowing in a 79 1-ton (yes i said 1-ton) bronco with a 600 hp 460 and 4.11s it sure is fun!!
sticks like glue, stops on a dime, and turns just as quick.
if you drive it correctly....

Definitely, my dad had a Ford Ranger 4x4 and he never went fast and never went off the road, he never got stuck either. We always see trucks and suvs off the road and we just laugh. More of them are off the road than any other type of car. My dad now has the AWD Mariner and that thign is great, no problems whatsoever, but he still doesnt go very fast.

People forget how to drive when the white stuff from the sky falls down. Its like the end of the world.

I have had at least one 4WD vehicle for the last four winters. I know how to drive them. But yeah, there are plenty of idiots out there who don't.

well knowing how to drive them is a completely different story, like Elky said then I would agree its a good tool if you need it ... luckly I have gotten by with just my car and snow tires ...

who needs 4wd...give me a bit rwd v8 mobile any day!
hehe, oh right, thats why i have the vic!

Back