• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I Spy...

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
a silverfrost SVT at the Member's only CARTCT autox/picnic this past weekend. Anyone here??

072212519.jpg

072212520.jpg

0722125211.jpg

That would be me! I usually run my Volvo but I finally got this back up and running after sitting in my garage for a year and needed to see what she could do. I'm happy to say I forgot how well this car drives (for being 14 years old!) and had a blast there with my kids and fellow autocrossers. I can't wait till the next event but now I'm not sure which car I'll be bringing!

Right on! I think I'll be at the august 5th autox with my XR4Ti. I went a few weeks ago for the first time ever. My times were terrible but still had lots of fun. Thompson is kind of a haul to get to though. Makes me a bit nervous with a 24 year old car!

I'm glad you took those pictures! I looked at the second and third images and found the cone I hit! It was driving me crazy when they told me "+1" as I almost ALWAYS know which cone I hit!

If you haven't done so before, I would advise taking an instructor with you out on the course next time. They helped me immensely. I had more cones UNDER the car than I drove past my first time out!

I had another one of the instructors go out with me (Ray, the guy with the white XR4Ti) on my first run, but that was about it. I'm still too timid with my driving and need to smooth out my braking and shifting before turns although I do consistently improve throughout the day. Ran at Thompson yesterday and my runs were 78.x, 73.2,73.3, 79.x(stalled out around that 180), 71.x. Then my friend who took 2nd in Z Novice in his vw corrado did a fun run in my car and turned out a 66 with a quick 2 minute drive beforehand to feel the car out so despite my claims that the rear suspension being unmodified is limiting me, there is much driver improvement to be made. I need to start getting there earlier and doing more than one walkthrough of the course!

I borrowed my buddy's Go Pro for a few runs so I'll post them up when he gets a chance to upload them.

Back