• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I now present you with SVT #0801

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, I took delivery of it over the 4th holiday weekend and it has been an amazing car so far. It is almost bone stock which is what I wanted for a winter/DD. The car is almost as clean as my silver one under it.
The paint was in good shape, but I thought I could make it a little bit better so here is what I came up with:
Wet sand entire car to try to get rid of some orange peel
Porter cable
DP Clay and lube
3M professional rubbing compound
Poorboys black hole polish
Pinnacle Signature II wax

I honestly can not wait for the PO to see this car in person (which I think he is this weekend). He made a post on here saying that it was going to a someone who will over maintain it and will treat it better than anyone else. So far, he is right. Just like my silver one, this one is going to get the best of everything.
These are for you Robert, hope I have not let you down:

The clay from the first door I did
0714090946.jpg

Front end, plate holder will be leaving shortly:
0714091435.jpg

Drivers Side:
0714091435a.jpg

Booty Shot:
0714091436.jpg

Passenger side:
0714091436b.jpg

Interior:
0714091436c.jpg

Reflection!!! The car does still have a little orange peel, but its much better than it was before I started.
0714091436a.jpg

MMMM Shiney!!
0714091437.jpg

I see your leg is healing ok by the way you are squatting :laugh:..... BTW "orange peel" is not in the clear coat, it is in the color ;). Looks nice and holy man is that clay nasty!

I dunno Joe, I was told at my local paint place last week that orange peel was caused by the clear coat now flowing or layering as well as you would like. Trust me it looked worse than this before I wet sanded it.
As for my ankle, in the pic, the bad one is straight still, I dont have much movement in it :(

I just finished a wash/clay/wax today as well. my clay wasnt that bad but wow what a difference it makes. I wont post pictures of my car here so this thread stays on topic.

the car looks great bill, now make my engine bay that clean. :laugh::laugh:

Very nice! C'mon down my neck of the woods and do my car; figure it's worth a little TLC to get through another winter.

Keep on keepin' on. Glad to see you getting around more.

That's the cleanest it's been in at least four years. Want to bring it to Applebee's in Davison tonight? :laugh:

seems like a lot of work for a car that your going to slog thru the snow:shrug::crazy:

Ya ya, thats what my parents tell me too. I showed it to the PO last night. I think he liked it a little bit.

seems like a lot of work for a car that your going to slog thru the snow:shrug::crazy:

little extra effort now means that it will clean up easier after the winter. and just because its a winter car doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken care of.

trust me I got my SVT with the thoughts of it becoming a dd. but after getting the car home and seeing how truely clean it is I can never bring myself to drive it in the winter, ever.

Back