• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need help with throttle body

.... the EGR takes exhaust gases from the rear header and bleeds them into the intake manifold. The EGR has a vacuum control pipe connected to the upper intake manifold,(after the TB) that operates it. It originally connected to a whole bunch of vacuum pipes at the end of one of your black plastic pipes on your 2.5L manifold. (the other black plastic pipe went to the brake servo) You will need to find pipes to fit your EGR... where ever it happens to be, considering the 2.5L / 3.0L parts you have installed.

The PCV system sucks blowby gases from the valve cover(s) and normally pipes them to the intake tract before the TB but after the MAF. Some guys put a catch can between the valve cover(s) and the intake..... some just vent to atmosphere. Do not plumb it directly to the intake after the TB because you **** up yer engine.

Sort these two items out first and possibly the servo vacuum feed too, then see what you have left .....G.

Okay,im getting kind of confused but I think I have it set up the way it should be now (for the most part). I already have the egr tube from the exhaust ma idols connected to the egr valve and I have the dpfe stuff connecaswell. Here's a list of what I have connected:

-PcV valve is connected from the rear valve cover to the uim on the underside
-the egr vacuum solenoid has the red/green vacuum lines going from it into a bigger connector on the passenger side of the intake, and then from there along the front valve cover to the egr valve and fuel regulator. Green=egr red=fuel
-the evap relief hose is connected to the uim right next to the IAC.
-the main vacuum on top of the uim is connected to a tree that goes to the booster,hvac,evap, and air intake (I may be missing one thing here)
-the air intake also has a hose coming from each of the valve covers (I basically stole the junkyard Taurus setup and adapted it) the Taurus had 3 lines going to the air intake whereas the cougar only had 2

I think that pretty much sums it up. After connecting everything in this new way(I had it different before) I started the car and I no longer have an engine light for running lean and it seems to be running better. I flushed the radiator using water and coolant flush..ran it through about 15 minutes and my coolant temp was only 150 degrees. Afterwards I drained it and added new coolant (I mainly flushed it to clean what residue coolant/oil mixture that may have been in the system still because I know how Dex-cool is)

.... sounds like you have everything basically in place.

As long as the idle is steady and not too high and temp's are good.... you seem to be heading to putting some miles on it and just monitoring the engine.

Are you planning any mods ? have you got any plans for fine tuning to your basic remap ? .... although you can run a 3L on a remapped SVT pcm ... some guys reported that having it dyno tuned really sharpened things up ....G.

.... sounds like you have everything basically in place.

As long as the idle is steady and not too high and temp's are good.... you seem to be heading to putting some miles on it and just monitoring the engine.

Are you planning any mods ? have you got any plans for fine tuning to your basic remap ? .... although you can run a 3L on a remapped SVT pcm ... some guys reported that having it dyno tuned really sharpened things up ....G.

The idle seems pretty decent. I haven't revved it up to much yet but I'm kind of babying it for the moment. I actually got a tune from npg. Joey said that there isn't much point in going to a dump because he can do just about anything. He does know quite a bit but yeah. I already got quite a few mods. Headers, y-pipe, magnaflow, cold air intake, etc. I may do a turbo but that's down the road. After this is sound I'll probably do something with the trans

.... it's a shame Joey doesn't have a dyno .....

Hmmmmm; I might invent a home dyno set of rollers anyone can have in there garage........ could really take off,

quite literally if not strapped down Ha ha ....G.

Back