• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I lost my Dad last night

Roger, I am sorry to hear this. I had a sick feeling and knew what had happened when you called me this morning.

My condolences to you and your family. Our prayers will be with you and your family.

Anything you need, let me know.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Roger... my condolences. Tried to PM you off of the old site (heard about his passing from Todras earlier today), but forgot about the changeover.

You and your dad had a wonderful relationship and were great friends as well... that's something a lot of guys can't say. You're a lucky guy to have that.

"I have never met you or your Dad, but I want to send my condolences.
Its not easy, but hold on to what he taught you and all of the good memories and he will be with you forever."

Roger......I was in the room when J-D received your call. My family was thoroughly saddened to hear about this. I'm sorry I never got a chance to meet him. I understand we two were about the same age. I know that, whenever you spoke about him, it was with great affection.

While I was on a ventilator in the hospital ICU, you stepped up to the plate and and detailed my car so that, when I came home to recuperate, the first thing I saw was a gorgeous CSVT parked in the driveway.

If your father raised you to be this kind of a stand-up person, all I can say is that he must have been one kick-ass kind of a guy!

Thank You To All!

Thank You To All!

I'm truely overwhelmed with all the comments and I don't know what to say!

Hector, I know you can't read this right now but thanks for doing what you've got to do to get here. I just want to let everyone know that he's making a special trip in for this and I know thats really hard with so little notice, especially when you've got a new born and with vacation time being so little right now. Hector has been VERY supportive throught this entire ordeal, especially considering how quickly this all turned for the worse.

Todd, thank for relaying the message from Terry and Penny, that really means alot to me!

Mr. Sikorski...thank you and when it came to your car, there was NO other choice but to do this, its the least I can do. For some reason after reading your post I completely broke down and cried. BTW I'm really glad to hear your getting better, so this means you'll be sticking around for quite a while!

I'm sorry I didn't post this in the originally, but my Dad is going to be laid out today at the Clyne Funeral Home in Eastpoint. Its 5 blocks S of 9 mile on Kelly Rd on the W side of the street. I know everyone can't come and I expect noone to make a special trip but I just wanted to get this out there. The hours are from 2-9.

Roger R Jnr,
...I'm so sorry that Penny & I will not be able to be with you Friday but our thoughts are.Please accept our small token for Roger Snr on behalf of us both and HMS Inc...BTW Roger,I never forget 'that hamburger'...Peace my friend.TH

:( i'm very sorry to hear about this roger. like everyone else has said, just remember the awesome times you two had together. and you will see him again someday! i will be praying for strength for you and your family!!

:( i'm very sorry to hear about this roger. like everyone else has said, just remember the awesome times you two had together. and you will see him again someday! i will be praying for strength for you and your family!!

Hopefully not someday soon...

Terry Haines and Penny are amazing people, period!

Terry Haines and Penny are amazing people, period!

Roger R Jnr,
...I'm so sorry that Penny & I will not be able to be with you Friday but our thoughts are.Please accept our small token for Roger Snr on behalf of us both and HMS Inc...BTW Roger,I never forget 'that hamburger'...Peace my friend.TH

Because you thought of my Dad was more than enough, the fact that you sent the flowers was even more so, including the license plate with it. Just to let you guys know, Terry included a chrome license plate w/ a Ford logo on it, awesome.

Now I'm going to amaze everyone here with the next "small token" Terry is talking about. I get to the funeral home at 1:30 p.m. and its signed already....BY TERRY HAINES!!! To close his shop for the day and drive a mininum of 7 hrs round trip (ok, 6 hrs with Terry driving!) just to sign the guest book, are you kidding me! This is how I started my day today and just to let you guys know, my Dad looked great!

I am sorry for your loss Roger.

I remember hanging out with your father at the Downriver Cruise and he was a really nice man.

I am sorry Rog, Even though I never met him, he sounds like he was an awesome dude!
Again my thoughts and prayers are with ya.
Bill

I am so sorry Roger!

I am so sorry Roger!

Roger, I just learned of the new forums and just read your post. I am SO sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 8 and a half years ago and its still hard. Im sorry I didn't get to know your dad. He sounds like a stand up guy. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family in this most difficult time. Again, I am truely sorry.

Thank you all!

Thank you all!

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone and I mean EVERYONE, who've been so supportive. I'm taking it one day at time, sounds cliche' but it works.

Back